Whippets & small lurchers

I was talking to one of my mates who has a greyhound bitch in pup to a coursing whippet and we were wondering if the smaller rabbiting lurchers ' whippets' and whippet crosses will become more popular and if people will turn to the smaller rabbiting dogs more to stay the right side of the shit law :angry: .

Nobby.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinkin' just the same thing the other day [bANNED TEXT] ... i mean there aint that many people who are into their hardgame who will ever stop it ... fine or no fine :D But that was my first thought, are we gunna see a rise in smaller, more nimble lurchers as aposed to all rounders???

just a thought

Ant :good:

I was talking to one of my mates who has a greyhound bitch in pup to a coursing whippet and we were wondering if the smaller rabbiting lurchers ' whippets' and whippet crosses will become more popular and if people will turn to the smaller rabbiting dogs more to stay the right side of the shit law :angry: .

Nobby.

Hi there mate, i have got a laguna whippet, and i have put it to a coursing greyhound, they are both working dogs. I have only bred it to have one of the pups for myself as they are from good working lines. The laguna has endless stamina and the greyhound is very game do you know anyone that is interested in the pups, there is already a couple of people interested who have seen the parents on. leo.

III Jay tis a good strong dog, And i understand u want a big mean lookin bull x to finish the job, but for the folk who arent into game as, ginger, as the type you pursue i reckon smaller lurchers would be more suited.

I mean ive heard about this beddy x whippet that does everythink lad, rabbits, hares, fox, jumps, retrieves, sits, downs, stays, brings u ur slippers, makes u a cuppa. now thats what i call a pooch :D:D:D Just a bit hard to track down :11:

:ph34r: AnT :ph34r:

• 8 months later...
Guest bigfella
:D  hi to everyone

new to this site i have a whippet x and a lurcher pup 9 weeks old, looking forward to getting to know you guys,

hi all new to it too hope all is well with you and the dogs i lost a nice bitch to some wire 7months back she was a whippetxcollie cracker on the lamp! so now i have a new pup in the pen he is 4months and the breed is whippetxcollie x whippetxbeddy he is coming on well, i will post some pics soon. happy trails to all :good:

even it was started in sept it is still a valid point.

i run a beddy whippett and i am mainly into the rabbitin me self but when out with doggin lad a couple of times my bitch has had a good crack at charlie and looked fookin promisein on the hares!

im sure he will vouch for that lol

(these where before the *** of course)lol

regards

dan

:good:

Nobby.

small lurchers unfortunately seem to be out of fashion at the moment which is a shame because you can have alot of fun working small lurchers,i own a collie cross and she stands at 20.5 at the shoulder and she catches plenty of rabbit and hare.a lot of lads these days seem to be into deer and fox,and overlook the smaller nimbler type of lurcher,favouring the large powerful types.if your into ferreting and lamping rabbit i think the smaller type of lurcher has the advantage over the larger type. regards collie john.

Nobby.

small lurchers unfortunately seem to be out of fashion at the moment which is a shame because you can have alot of fun working small lurchers,i own a collie cross and she stands at 20.5 at the shoulder and she catches plenty of rabbit and hare.a lot of lads these days seem to be into deer and fox,and overlook the smaller nimbler type of lurcher,favouring the large powerful types.if your into ferreting and lamping rabbit i think the smaller type of lurcher has the advantage over the larger type. regards collie john.

what type of small lurcher is you collie cross :good: