Moon Phases And Hunting

I love all phases of the moon.

For ratting if you're outside shooting the edged of the building, or into it, full moon will screw you right up. I've laid out before shooting into an open barn, and bagged a total of 3, when I was expecting at least 15-20. If I had sat in a shadow, instead of prone on the floor, would have been much better. But they can see me before I could see them. Same as in winter. There are a load of hey bails that the rats tend to house-up in during the winter. You can wrap up warm and shoot out of your car at these times. But in full moon, you'll shoot nothing.

As for rabbits...not a clue. I've only gone for rabbits first thing in the morning.

I love all phases of the moon.

For ratting if you're outside shooting the edged of the building, or into it, full moon will screw you right up. I've laid out before shooting into an open barn, and bagged a total of 3, when I was expecting at least 15-20. If I had sat in a shadow, instead of prone on the floor, would have been much better. But they can see me before I could see them. Same as in winter. There are a load of hey bails that the rats tend to house-up in during the winter. You can wrap up warm and shoot out of your car at these times. But in full moon, you'll shoot nothing.

As for rabbits...not a clue. I've only gone for rabbits first thing in the morning.

a clue on ratting...if you drop it leave it, yu really dont know what your piccking up. so prone? nooooooo

• Like 1