FOX DOGS

Guest FOXDOG

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's another ugly bullx..........Her only fault , if you want to pick holes is that she sometimes just kills her game by locking on the wrong spot & taking uneeded stick , but she always does(di

mates wheaton/greyxdeerhoud/grey..........really old pic witton

Here is my 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound...he takes foxes day and night...pre ban of course... i know hes a bull greyhound but there are more fox dogs out there other than these crosses...like the beddy...

Posted Images

ive never seen anything other than a bullcross that could actually kill a fox. collie cross etc bedlington etc waste of time

that a load of shite there are lots of crosses out there that are more that capable at fox :thumbs:

some nice pic's lads. imho there are alot of dogs with no bull that will kill foxes. i've seen coursing whippets take them with aggression that you would be happy to see in a bigger dog.

Totaly agree with that :notworthy:

Many straight border collies were not only bred for the job but relished it .The fox is no match for a determined lurcher once it is caught .Therein lies the bit that seperates a fox dog from a pretender .Ive said it before so ill say it again .A 100% FOX DOG IS A DOG THAT WILL NOT ALLOW A FOX TO ESCAPE ONCE CAUGHT ,NO MATTER WHAT PAIN IS INFLICTED AND WILL TRY ITS VERY BEST TO CATCH ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE.THEY WILL DO THIS WITHOUT BEING CHEERED ON ,OUT OF SIGHT AND IN ANY AMOUNT OF COVER ,SINGLE HANDED ,DAY IN DAY OUT .Then you have yourself a fox dog .Many ,many lurchers will catch a fox,bring it to bay and wait for backup to arrive.A lot of so called fox dogs will only do them doubled up .Poor dogs or poor owners in my opinion .

Here is my 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound...he takes foxes day and night...pre ban of course... i know hes a bull greyhound but there are more fox dogs out there other than these crosses...like the beddy...derrhound....collie ....wheaton...and even saluki crosses that can take care of a fox....its just getting the right dog for the job...like the saying ( the right tool for the right job)
thats a lovely looking dog [bANNED TEXT] :clapper:

Here's another ugly bullx..........Her only fault , if you want to pick holes is that she sometimes just kills her game by locking on the wrong spot & taking uneeded stick , but she always does(did..!!!) the job so , hey , draw your own conclusions.......???

I have a daughter of hers in the kennel & have just got one of those hopless collie blooded animals (1/4 b/c 1/4 bull 1/2 grey) so fingers crossed...!!!!

The bitch owned by my mate

Picture555.jpg

h7.jpg

Here is my 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound...he takes foxes day and night...pre ban of course... i know hes a bull greyhound but there are more fox dogs out there other than these crosses...like the beddy...derrhound....collie ....wheaton...and even saluki crosses that can take care of a fox....its just getting the right dog for the job...like the saying ( the right tool for the right job)
thats a lovely looking dog [bANNED TEXT] :clapper:

cheers maddog....hes a lovely luking dog and a hell of a worker

Archived