What Lamp And Battery

Hi guys I've been out of the running dogs for a few years now and wanting to get back into it what lamp and battery would you recommend I've had a clulite ok for small fields got a blitz really liked it but was a bit bulky and had a Ucaller night eye only used the old type heavy battery's what are the new lithion battery like and which is the best one to get thanks

found the lightforce 170 ok for what i needed,only thing was i had a 10ah lithium but would suggest at least the 14ah

im thinking about buying the deben 170 variable power end of this month, definitely use a 14 ah battery though, i'm still debating whether to get the 210 or the 170 anyone think that 210 is too big? i think 600 metre beam is big enough for a few rabbits for the pot so im leaning towards the 170

Edited by Richard Warwick

oh right 600m prob same as mine then :icon_redface: but you can adjust flood like the deben one you put up,pretty much of a much im guessing,plenty lads have pulled them on the wiring, think i must been lucky never had problems with mine

• Like 1

600 m beam way over the top for what i need,im lamping in this county not the next lol

i use a lightforce lance 140 lamp with a 30 watt bulb and a 14amp lithium thats a good little set up, sometimes i put the striker lense on it for abit more distance when i am going to a spot with bigger fields than normal.

• Like 1

Another vote for the Tracer 170VP with either a 22Ah or a 14Ah Lithium - all the lamp you'll require!

Word of warning, if you go for a Lightforce, i heard there were some issues with failures on their Variable Power system, so fixed power may be the way forward if you go down the LF route.

• Like 1

I used to have a LF but changed to a Tracer. They are quite similar, but differences as i know it are:

1. Different grip - Tracer has finger recesses

2. Wiring on the Tracer is an improvement, internally it is better also there is a wire restraint on the end of the handle which stops the wire breaking at this point. I have not had to rewire mine - unlike the old LF.

3. The plug on the Tracer is much better - the power doesn't go directly through the spring , which tends to flatten in the LF under heat. I still tape my plug though.

4. Variable power on the Tracer is reliable. It used to be reliable on the LF models when Deben were retrofitting the VP module. Since LF copied the VP module it is not reliable anymore.

Performance wise, there is very little in it - you'd be hard pushed to pick a winner. I've been running a Tracer 170VP for over a year now and i wouldn't swap back.

HTH

HS