Need Help Picking A Shotgun Please

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cheap reliable gun for £200 should be enough to put him off shooting for sure ! lol.   After many years I`ve found cheap and cheerful to be utter rubbish. A half decent gun now will transform how

Couldn't help myself i just brought the browning ultra xs prestige with ported barrels   Thank you all so much for the help it is appreciated, and now i have a very good base to work from

Length of pull is a primary measurement of gun fit. At 6'4" I'm guessing that you need a longer stock. In lengthening the stock you will alter the secondary measurements of drop at heel (unless its a

I had mentioned it a few posts back

Yeah i have known him a fare few years he is selling it to get a dt10.

But i am torn between having his since it would help him out, sounds cheap and is a nice easy route to get a gun, or spending just a bit more and having a beretta 682 gold e

I wouldn't take a 682 rough or vermin shooting, but then again that Browning is a heavy gun too. I do feel you are getting into the realms of clay only guns now and you did say your main use will be vermin. If this is still the case I do think you need reconsider based on what your main use will be. I have shot some lovely lightweight field guns, maybe you should be looking for something lighter.

Remember its only through extended use over a period of time that a gun will be feel like an extension of your arm.

You will get use to it and become more efficient and confident within its use and capabilities.

Enjoy mate and good luck with it.

• Like 1

Glad you got yourself sorted :thumbs:

buying guns is an itch that needs scratching! I went for a fitting session for a new one yesterday, and Im like a kid waiting for Xmas all over again. Going to have to get a bigger cabinet

Congrats. As I said above Browning are lovely guns and my number 1 choice for balance.

In all honesty, Berretta, Winchester and Browning are all fantastic quality choices. You won't go far wrong with any of those makers.