Breeding Terms.............

a mate of mine nagged on at me to breed a litter out of my bitch because he wanted 1, she had 4 i kept 1 that i didnt really need and he got 1 the other 2 were sold, he said when his bitch proved her self and he bred 1 then id get a pup back , fair does, but his bitch aint seen anything other other than the inside of his kennel, so im never going to get a pup back , pissed me off and pissed him off when i bounced mi fist of his chin too , so basically i wouldnt do it again

• Like 3

A good bitch is worth its weight in dollar,id have to have the utmost trust and affiliation with a kennel taking on my prized asset,would i do it?,i can think of only one lad i regard enough to trust the welfare of such a terrier,then id be on eggshells.

• Like 1

Its a sad reflection of the individual at times,when he or she as gone through life and not met or found accord with a fellow hunter that they cannot trust with a dog.Blimey i am that sad individual.

What are folks thoughts on loaning a bitch on breeding terms. its something ive been thinking about . good or bad. what is your thoughts on this subject

Depends what you mean by Breeding Terms ?

Due to timing,owner wouldn.t be round at time of Puppin'..I took the Bitch that was lined.few weeks prior to Puppin'

got her ready/settled with me...She already knew me well..had been with me previously when needed looked after.I've always liked alot.and had an affinity with her..softer than her owner, an knows I spoil her :icon_redface:

Pupped her & looked after her pups until they were ready to go..got the Pick ..

As far as I'm aware both Parties are more than Happy with the outcome ..Healthy litter & Bitch right and ready, right back to Work..

Was glad to help out and be seen to be Trusted with a Mans Prized possession :yes: ..

The other way round would i Do it ..Would I f **k :laugh: :laugh: wouldn't Trust him with a Rusty spanner.. :whistling:

• Like 1

no disrespect but if you have to ask on the hunting life!

then no...... :thumbs:

i dont have to ask.. i felt like asking :yes: . i have the dog. the idea was to loan a bitch possibly during the summer months and to take a litter. to keep a pup for myself. :thumbs:

i dont want to put the dog to stud. so was looking at all the options. ive now discounted this option also. and my next lurcher will be bought in. and this time i wont let my heart rule my head. and when i go for a bitch i will come home with a bitch . :D no offence taken.. :thumbs:

• Like 1