FAO, everyone

who is awaiting nets and goods from myself, please note.. there is a week long postal strike planed for this coming week. rather than leave your items sitting in some grotty GPO sorting office i will hold them back for this coming week. those that were posted before this date, 5th october im afraid your items are now in the hands of the gpo so i cant say on what date you will recieve your goods.

sadly on the last postal strike some of you waited longer than should be expected from a 1st class post.

I hope all concerned will understand such things are out of mt hands. many thanks for understanding the position i am in

regards

Molecatcher :thumbs:

Spent the last two weeks working my nads off playing catch up, now when i can sit back and await the fruits of my labour no cheques are arriving, just because a bunch of jobs worths are on strike again. When the poles have taken all there jobs there will be no more of this nonsence, strikes and work to rule, thats what makes britain great. :signthankspin::whistling:

So Cupid Stunt, i will take it from your offensive pm , where you call me and strong stuff mouthy c...s, that you are either one of these fellows that is in threat of losing the cushy little number they have enjoyed for so long, or you are just aptly named.

Regards MT. :kiss:

Its the Royal Mail you should be venting your anger against and not the poor posties. They don't get much for what they do and their working conditions are not good. There are very few strikes & work to rule these days on the whole, so it makes you think when there is, there has to be a very good reason for it. Unless you've been in that position yourself you have know idea at all.

Yep, I too received a gobby PM, and as it was me that called them c**ts .............

I'm not venting any anger at anyone, I think from personal experience that the postal service is shit, lost parcels, couldn't care less staff, expensive rates, deliveries later and later in the day, and now to cap it all nothing for the best part of a week while they all sit around on their hoops being '70's throwbacks.

It was the employees who voted for strike action, as I said in my pm to Stupid, this will be the final straw for many, you watch smaller courier firms monopolise on this strike and start carrying letters and smaller items, and when they do I'll be using them.

Has Stupid or his Millitant mates given any thought to ordinary lads who RELY on the post to bring in the money to feed their families?

I doubt it, they were too busy planning what to do with their long weekend of leisure ...........

Pink Panther : Let's have the average weekly wage for a normal Postman posted on here for all to see and make their own judgements, I bet you they take home more than £250 a week for a job they finish before luchtime. :yes:

c**ts!

Guest bullterrier

i feel for you who rely on these people for your living had sack the lot and give the jobs to some one who wants it as strong stuff said there not on peanuts and the hours are great :thumbs: ...john

Ok Cupid Stunt You say that we dont understand or know the reasons for this strike, Please enlighten us all!

Hopefully it is more than just the fact that Posties now have to work the hours they are paid for rather than go home early? Nice to work less hours than you get paid for. Maybe now we wont have the post holding issue going on? - For those who dont know about this little game, in the more rural areas if there are only a couple of letters to someone off the main road postie will stick these letters under his car seat and hold them for a couple of days until there are a few more to deliver!! This is fact. I have a friend who has been in the post office for several years Has a really hard time because she works to the rules and doesnt post hold etc etc. She very rarely finishes early! Oh and most of the guys in her batch hate her because of it, makes them look bad and have to explain why they finish early! Maybe if people hadnt taken advantage over the years of a generous system Royal mail wouldnt be looking to change employment description.

As for the problem of starting an hour later, OK so that isnt great, but these things happen. My job description where I work actually states that I must be willing to accept change in employment hours as and when necessary.

I had to listen to one guy telling me how he hated ebay! would have thought he should love it! all the extra work when its a known fact that less people are posting letters in the age when emails are so much easier!

Personally I look forward to seeing what happens! wouldnt mind a job delivering post.

SO What else is the problem Cupid Stunt 8)

I'm all for people making money, its hard to make a decent wage in this day and age when everythings taxed, taxed, taxed...I have no idea how much a postie gets paid, but they obviously feel they need to strike, post woman who came here the other day, said there starting later now, 09:30 starts..just hope things get sorted for everyones benefit..

Ok Cupid Stunt You say that we dont understand or know the reasons for this strike, Please enlighten us all!

Hopefully it is more than just the fact that Posties now have to work the hours they are paid for rather than go home early? Nice to work less hours than you get paid for. Maybe now we wont have the post holding issue going on? - For those who dont know about this little game, in the more rural areas if there are only a couple of letters to someone off the main road postie will stick these letters under his car seat and hold them for a couple of days until there are a few more to deliver!! This is fact. I have a friend who has been in the post office for several years Has a really hard time because she works to the rules and doesnt post hold etc etc. She very rarely finishes early! Oh and most of the guys in her batch hate her because of it, makes them look bad and have to explain why they finish early! Maybe if people hadnt taken advantage over the years of a generous system Royal mail wouldnt be looking to change employment description.

As for the problem of starting an hour later, OK so that isnt great, but these things happen. My job description where I work actually states that I must be willing to accept change in employment hours as and when necessary.

I had to listen to one guy telling me how he hated ebay! would have thought he should love it! all the extra work when its a known fact that less people are posting letters in the age when emails are so much easier!

Personally I look forward to seeing what happens! wouldnt mind a job delivering post.

SO What else is the problem Cupid Stunt 8)

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: , now then, the truth is starting to emerge :yes:

, three of my mates are postmen and they appreciate what a good thing they've got. The "job & knock" enables two of them to run their own businesses. The last weekly wage that I know they were earning was £325 for definite and they expect people to be sympathetic to their cause if they are all getting the life of Riley.......................Al :laugh: