Bit Of Summer Fitness

if your that close to an earth which is holding cubs , they wont be there tomorrow I can assure you.......

Not true not all vixens will move cubs if somebody or something goes near an earth at all i know of alot of earths i keep an eye on that are cubbed in and they dont grab cubs and run theres an earth 300m from my house in a chestnut wood ive walked past it everyday this week with my lurchers and they have a sniff and mark it everytime i go past and they have not been moved and rare they have been over the years

[/

quote]

Sorry mate but not believing that either .

I couldnt give a f**k what you belive to be honest :laugh:

Either your lurchers are marking nothing or your mistaken as whats there but its inbuilt into vixens for their survival to vacate when found with cubs.She will have scraped out 2 or 3 places for just such an event .

Look fella i know whats in there the earths been there as long as i can remember please dont try and give me a nature lesson on foxes or tell me my dogs are false marking or i dont know earths ive walked and dug for 30 years :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if your that close to an earth which is holding cubs , they wont be there tomorrow I can assure you.......

I have had a few days reading up on some topics and responses regarding differnt forums on this place, and jesus the freedom to voice an opinion is a dangerous thing ehh, especially if you have just s

Every fox is different. Nobodies right and nobodies wrong

Not true not all vixens will move cubs if somebody or something goes near an earth at all i know of alot of earths i keep an eye on that are cubbed in and they dont grab cubs and run theres an earth 300m from my house in a chestnut wood ive walked past it everyday this week with my lurchers and they have a sniff and mark it everytime i go past and they have not been moved and rare they have been over the years

[/

quote]

Sorry mate but not believing that either .

I couldnt give a f**k what you belive to be honest :laugh:

Either your lurchers are marking nothing or your mistaken as whats there but its inbuilt into vixens for their survival to vacate when found with cubs.She will have scraped out 2 or 3 places for just such an event .

Look fella i know whats in there the earths been there as long as i can remember please dont try and give me a nature lesson on foxes or tell me my dogs are false marking or i dont know earths ive walked and dug for 30 years :laugh:

That means nothing on here mate! Some of these experts are digging right through spring...believe me..they know about cubs :laugh:

• Like 1

Sometimes vixens wont move their cubs if theyre young, because theyre more than likely safe in a tight rabbit earth. Never seem to move too much round me until they reach the age were theyre on top most of the time.

I have had a few days reading up on some topics and responses regarding differnt forums on this place, and jesus the freedom to voice an opinion is a dangerous thing ehh, especially if you have just stumbled across into terrier work.... why do people who supposedly know the importance of vermin control with terriers, need to educate the new comer in such a descerning manner, and attack each other at every oppertunity?? its like we all have screws loose!! this is terrier work...if you live it defend it!! but not in an aggressive or demeaning manner....... educate them, dont ram it down their throat, thats my 2 cents woth....

• Like 2

Because some respond to nothing less .Never in my life have i known a vixen not to move cubs at the slightest disturbance,ffs you only walk by them down here and they are gone .Not necessarily far but moved all the same.Cant believe foxes are that different across the country .

• Like 1

Sometimes vixens wont move their cubs if theyre young, because theyre more than likely safe in a tight rabbit earth. Never seem to move too much round me until they reach the age were theyre on top most of the time.

Only moved then because the earths are stinking with old remains .The cubs spread themselves out as they get older .

Only moved then because the earths are stinking with old remains .The cubs spread themselves out as they get older .
true. Some move some dont, depends on the vixen and probably if she was watching or not. Anyone can argue but nobody reallly knows what a fox does because theyre so unpredictable.

I know a few urban and semi urban litters that knew they were being watched and folks walked within feet of there den umpteen times a day yet they were never moved. I've known vixens move litters as well tho

Nah not having that foxdropper is related to David Attenborough and know's all your wrong as well ive just changed my whole way of thinking and doing because of what ive learnt last few weeks on the hunting life haha