• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but still used him ........

my dog  

he was a showman drew a crowd good company to be in ,good craic, knew the game,spoke his mind,took the piss, ------knew how to name his dogs stormer ,sparticus, thunder,tornado,smithy,nigger,eyeball,t

Posted Images

will find out for you today... tuffty.

another picture of spartacus uru sent me

whernt a lump of a dog straight spanable good length of neck, turn of stifle well muscled and well put together ..
What was he like when you were digging over him Stig,

dont remember digging the dog i took some time out from terriers around that time because my business had took off and i had a young family to bring up...

I saw him work in surrey about 91ish. Did his job on the day. Had a dog out of him and a bitch called oil which was a decent hard dog. He did look like a bitch but threw some big strong dogs

if im correct sparticus was also bred back to that bitch called oil? father to daughter mating some of the pups were in northern ireland round 89-90?

Jack you are right ,id a bitch the brother got in 1990 at Weston Park out of Oil ,now I can honestly say I was never told the sire was Sparticus ,if I ask an old mate in the morn who used to be on here called 5DOGS he,l know as he was with Ken when we picked it up . Never showed any interest of starting work when I had it , I was dogged out at that time and I gave it to the brother who started it when she was two .He got three digs over her and was showing good signs of being a decent one ,next outing she was entered into a cracking big old earth ,when they got down to her she had suffocated along with the game .My god doesn,t the time fly in ,and then you,ve to rejog the memorys of who that bitch Oil belonged to .Was it a guy called Mick .

Jimmy im nearly sure a dog bred also from the oil bitch came down my way around 91? it was a man called ..E.Q. and T.C. went to lift the dog from ken!! you will know E.Q. as you would have dug with him an odd time..... :thumbs:

lift?

aye lift!! ..or buy or pick up or whatever way you wana say it lol...

will find out for you today... tuffty.

another picture of spartacus uru sent me

whernt a lump of a dog straight spanable good length of neck, turn of stifle well muscled and well put together ..
What was he like when you were digging over him Stig,

dont remember digging the dog i took some time out from terriers around that time because my business had took off and i had a young family to bring up...

I saw him work in surrey about 91ish. Did his job on the day. Had a dog out of him and a bitch called oil which was a decent hard dog. He did look like a bitch but threw some big strong dogs

if im correct sparticus was also bred back to that bitch called oil? father to daughter mating some of the pups were in northern ireland round 89-90?

Jack you are right ,id a bitch the brother got in 1990 at Weston Park out of Oil ,now I can honestly say I was never told the sire was Sparticus ,if I ask an old mate in the morn who used to be on here called 5DOGS he,l know as he was with Ken when we picked it up . Never showed any interest of starting work when I had it , I was dogged out at that time and I gave it to the brother who started it when she was two .He got three digs over her and was showing good signs of being a decent one ,next outing she was entered into a cracking big old earth ,when they got down to her she had suffocated along with the game .My god doesn,t the time fly in ,and then you,ve to rejog the memorys of who that bitch Oil belonged to .Was it a guy called Mick .

Jimmy im nearly sure a dog bred also from the oil bitch came down my way around 91? it was a man called ..E.Q. and T.C. went to lift the dog from ken!! you will know E.Q. as you would have dug with him an odd time..... :thumbs:

lift?

aye lift!! ..or buy or pick up or whatever way you wana say it lol...

lift ,lifting another word for robbing round here :D

• Like 1

Spartacus had a knack of producing better dogs than himself he wasn't particularly strong but produced some lumps of dogs and some decent workers

That's what I have been told too Task.

Thing is though, as that time, I could never understand as to why someone would use Spartacus when there were dogs direct out of Smithy about and if Smithy was as good as a producer as we these days, as back then, take him for, then surely a heavily grafted dog out of him would always be the better choice... :hmm:

AXUM is that cruizer dog still about?

yes he is still alive...

Yeah!

Fook me hes getting on now then.

I had hes litter brother and sister long gone.

Do you have a picture of the old dog?

no but see if i can get a picture, maybe he can come here post it up. i think be good if he can freeze that old dog semen for future. i have anton number if u want. u can call him

Spartacus had a knack of producing better dogs than himself he wasn't particularly strong but produced some lumps of dogs and some decent workers

Thing is though, as that time, I could never understand as to why someone would use Spartacus when there were dogs direct out of Smithy about and if Smithy was as good as a producer as we these days, as back then, take him for, then surely a heavily grafted dog out of him would always be the better choice... :hmm:

the dogs reputation went before him.... kg was a larger than life character in the terrier game and right or wrong people bought his dogs to boast its gould bred got it off gouldy -------

• Like 2

There were two other pictures of Sparticus posted on this site. One was of him side on in a picture frame which was supposed to be hanging on KG,s wall and another with him standing on a blue flooring with a yellowish fawn background. On the 5 generation pedigree I have here shows Sparticus was out of Rags,( a JP bred bitch) sired by KG,s Blackjack.

Edited by brother fox

the dogs reputation went before him.... kg was a larger than life character in the terrier game and right or wrong people bought his dogs to boast its gould bred got it off gouldy -------

That's what I was after Stig, as that's how I always seen it. I seen Spartacus staked out at a few shows over the years. Never thought too much of it. At the same time I knew of a few dogs direct out of Smithy that were bloody good earth dogs, dug to week in week out and when you think back, of all the Smithy pups Ken sold, there must have been ten ton of decent Smithy progeny about. So your dead right, the only reason you would use Spartacus is because you wanted a line directly off Ken's dog.

And in a world of Rock's, Flint's, Tykes, Turk's, Jack's, Mick's etc, the name Spartacus was a bloody good selling tool too.... ;)

That's what I was after Stig, as that's how I always seen it. I seen Spartacus staked out at a few shows over the years. Never thought too much of it. At the same time I knew of a few dogs direct out of Smithy that were bloody good earth dogs, dug to week in week out and when you think back, of all the Smithy pups Ken sold, there must have been ten ton of decent Smithy progeny about. So your dead right, the only reason you would use Spartacus is because you wanted a line directly off Ken's dog.

And in a world of Rock's, Flint's, Tykes, Turk's, Jack's, Mick's etc, the name Spartacus was a bloody good selling tool too.... ;)

he was a showman drew a crowd good company to be in ,good craic, knew the game,spoke his mind,took the piss, ------knew how to name his dogs stormer ,sparticus, thunder,tornado,smithy,nigger,eyeball,turbo,troy, ---- even his kc prefix kenterfox ---ken to fox . not names you forget compared to john smiths pip say or broadcylst joe :rolleyes: dogs that came from gouldie had boasting rights... you see the young uns now posing about with the staffies thats how it used to be in the terrier job at the summer shows....

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 3

ken used to have a terrier shows in his back yard, so am told,

was invitation only

ken used to have a terrier shows in his back yard, so am told,

was invitation only

his back yard was a farm and it wher`nt invitation only and they lasted a few days :laugh:

• Like 2