Jack Russels Or Parson

For me there's a lot of difference between the two mind you I started out on mongrel types of jrt that come all shapes and sizes . And take it from me I had as much sport as I wanted ! If they're both equal I'd still wouldn't go for the parsons lol. Jmho

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive had both well bred parson and well bred russell. they ARE the same animal. no difference whatso ever. good and bad in both.you just need to do your homework incase both litters are from poor sto

Jack Russell and parsons are the same thing

I'd go else where. Any man who's into bushing and has two litters on the ground at once is a peddler IMO. You'd probably get a better choice in your local dogs home. Should be just as good.

Posted Images

that's how I see it moorman.. id pick a pup from the best parents (workwise) ..

@jcm why would a leggy Russell with more pace above ground be beneficial? iv found the shorter leg Russell to be quicker in cover and the 2 I go out with catch their fair share in cover and the bolters get snapped up by the lurcher :yes:

all terriers will bush to some standard but when you see a good en that doesn't miss owt it stands out a mile..go for a pup from the best parents doing the same job you are wanting your pup to do. atb with the choice

• Like 2

NP are you buying one or are they a gift , if you're buying one is there a difference in the price ? Because if there is a difference in the price I'll have a bet says the slightly better worker will be the more expensive ? .

Gents,

We are finally in a position to get a dog, are all set up and ready to go!

The dog will be mostley used fro bushing, ratting, rabbiting and beating - Will also be a family pet.

A friend has a litter of Jack Russels and a litter of parsons - Both litters bred from working dogs - I ve been given the choice between.

What are the main differences and which would you go for?

Thanks NP

I'd go else where. Any man who's into bushing and has two litters on the ground at once is a peddler IMO.

You'd probably get a better choice in your local dogs home. Should be just as good.

• Like 4

Gents,

We are finally in a position to get a dog, are all set up and ready to go!

The dog will be mostley used fro bushing, ratting, rabbiting and beating - Will also be a family pet.

A friend has a litter of Jack Russels and a litter of parsons - Both litters bred from working dogs - I ve been given the choice between.

What are the main differences and which would you go for?

Thanks NP

I'd go else where. Any man who's into bushing and has two litters on the ground at once is a peddler IMO.

You'd probably get a better choice in your local dogs home. Should be just as good.

. Now now mr cooney he might be replenishing his pack ,!!!
Just look at the lines, working lines.

Between Jack and Parson, it's just a matter of tall.

In France, in the same litter you can have both Jack and Parson. Below 30 cm Jack and more than 30 cm Parson.

that's how I see it moorman.. id pick a pup from the best parents (workwise) ..

@jcm why would a leggy Russell with more pace above ground be beneficial? iv found the shorter leg Russell to be quicker in cover and the 2 I go out with catch their fair share in cover and the bolters get snapped up by the lurcher :yes:

all terriers will bush to some standard but when you see a good en that doesn't miss owt it stands out a mile..go for a pup from the best parents doing the same job you are wanting your pup to do. atb with the choice

Just from my experience and what I have seen, the leggier type seem to be quicker thro cover and from cover to cover where the short leg type seemed like it couldn't get behind it's quary to move it from cover.

All depends on how much the dog wants the prey: I've got a 24" lurcher that can get through a thick bramble almost as fast as a terrier because she's desperate for it. Though I guess if you're only working really thick brambles with runs under thick brash a short legged dog wouldn't hurt. My own preference is for one around 12-13" with good working ancestors all down the line: wouldn't touch anything that wasn't doing the sort of work I do.

• Like 1

ive had both well bred parson and well bred russell. they ARE the same animal. no difference whatso ever. :blink: good and bad in both.you just need to do your homework incase both litters are from poor stock. good luck.

working parsons. and russell.

post-2078-0-69037000-1396555809.jpg

post-2078-0-74825400-1396556015.jpg

• Like 5

ive had both well bred parson and well bred russell. they ARE the same animal. no difference whatso ever. :blink: good and bad in both.you just need to do your homework incase both litters are from poor stock. good luck.

working parsons. and russell.

foxy trusty work.jpg

trusty jade. work.jpg

CS a genuine question is there not a difference in size ? As the Parsons I've seen are huge . Also in price ? Whatever you say I will concede as you've had a lot more to do with these type of terrier than me.