mk3 ferret finder

received my new mk3 today, already have a 15ft mk1 with 2 collars, but have to admit to not getting on great with it, although others have used it in my presence and worked it fine, so decided to get a mk3, which after a quick test, i much prefer, as you get the visual LED lights too, its the newer type with the pin point control, which acts simular to the squelch on a cb radio

i get paid monthly so had made my mind up to buy one at the end of august, and was gonna get it from decoying section on here, as they quote £135 with members discount, but as above say's i wanted it cheaper, so yup did a search of e bay and found a shop seller in scotland offering them at £127 with FREE delivery compared to the other site charging £8 postage, took the plunge and ordered online, then started worrying that it wouldent turn up, well it did today, as promised by the seller, well packaged too :thumbs:

was gonna sell on the mark 1 to fund a few extra collars for the mk3, which again I have located cheaper, but as the mk3 picks up mk1 collars, may hold onto it for a while

have been playing about with it this afternoon (the mk3 that is :icon_redface: ) and although it will pick up the mk1 collars, its not great and only seems to give a reading in search mode, not locate, so the depths are a bit confusing, so will prob put the mk1 and 2 collars(15ft) up for sale on here, before e bay-

the e bay shop is called a1tackleshop, just do a search on it

have not been able to find anymore cheap mk3 collars, so ordered 2 more direct from DEBEN, as they have courier rather than crap postal services, so i should get them monday cost me £100 with delivery charge

and sorry but the mk1 has now sold

im pretty pleased with the accuracy of the mk 3, my little darling threw her collar 7ft down today and after a b**tard of a dig i managed to retreive it! i would never have found it if i hadnt been able to pinpoint it with the LED locator bit. Thumbs up for deben, although if they werent so excruciatngly expensive i wouldnt have spent an hour upside down in a ruddy great hole!!! Oh well, such is life!