Ferret Bitting

as abarret said

Mate put a bit of cod liver oil on the back of your hand so he can't get hold let him lick it keep doing this for a bit then on your fingers your hands will be his best mate in no time

i did try this but my hob decided he wanted to stash my hand away so i got some ferretone and they just sit there licking till its gone and wanders off to do what he wants to do.

ferretone is more expensive but i have trained my 3 ferrets to come to a clicker (when they are not to occupied with something else but on the odd occasion when i have been bit when i first got the ferrets i scuffed their necks and pinned them to the floor for a few seconds and now if i do it they sulk for a few seconds until something else catches their eye then the are off

this works as now i can do anything with my ferrets and not bites they will hold my fingers in play but there is no pressure what so ever (even now with 2 jill and 1 hob in season)

but thats my way i hope it may help some one

Edited by niatron

Iv got to agree with tool box the nose flick method does work as iv tried it before with a few kits before having said that I won't be using that method this time if it's hormones il just get him a Jill and let him get his end away cheers for all the replies lads a massive help ✌️

Yes and there is positive methods you do not need to hit flick ferrets personally I think its just laziness as people dont have time and patience so quickest way is to flick the ferret on the nose and make it fear people. I dont knowit all but you seem very defensive just because I disagreed.

How is it not natural behaviour for a horny ferret to try and shag anything in sight.. the poster said he'd not been like this before then suddenly came into season and started biting so my gues is hormones you know when entire hobs start pacing up and down looking for a mate. And no I havnt tried flicking ferrets on the nose because ive took on ferrets that have been flicked on the nose what fear hands coming into the cage to feed them! If someone ten times my size flicked me on the nose and caused psin think id bite.

Yes and there is positive methods you do not need to hit flick ferrets personally I think its just laziness as people dont have time and patience so quickest way is to flick the ferret on the nose and make it fear people. I dont knowit all but you seem very defensive just because I disagreed.

How is it not natural behaviour for a horny ferret to try and shag anything in sight.. the poster said he'd not been like this before then suddenly came into season and started biting so my gues is hormones you know when entire hobs start pacing up and down looking for a mate. And no I havnt tried flicking ferrets on the nose because ive took on ferrets that have been flicked on the nose what fear hands coming into the cage to feed them! If someone ten times my size flicked me on the nose and caused psin think id bite.

Ill take the time to point something out to you.... no one should have a problem with anyone disagreeing but thats not the only thing you did here,you plainly turned to name calling trying to belittle someone elses point of view by putting them down,thats something thats just not needed on these sites. Might I suggess since these hand shy ferrets were given to you ,you have no idea at all how they were handled ,perhaps they had some major biff,like any thing theres always a balance ,a couple of times usually does the trick and hasn't as of yet ,after years of keeping ferrets caused any of mine to become hand shy or scared. A hob trying to shag you is one thing, biting very hard is a enitrely different thing altogether ,and is something I wouldn't like to have in any ferret Id keep .Without doubt each ferret has a different personaltiy perhaps this ferrets mindset is now coming to the surface. The owner has taken everybodys point of view into account and has some ideas hes going to try ,I hope he keeps us update on the said breast.

Iv got to agree with tool box the nose flick method does work as iv tried it before with a few kits before having said that I won't be using that method this time if it's hormones il just get him a Jill and let him get his end away cheers for all the replies lads a massive help ✌️

That sounds like a no brainer... Why have a litter of kits, just because a hob has come into season and is hormonal? Get the f****r castrated if hes that bad, it`ll save a lot of arse ache and unwanted animals.