Jill Not Coming Into Season...

Well folks she still hasn't come in to season... I'm going to move her into a lighter spot and see if that makes any difference. It's Sod's law that the other six Jill's are bang in but I only want to breed from this one!

Flecks sake fella have some patients,,,,what the matter with you,,,it's only just the end of winter,,,I still have just 1 Jill who is full in season,,,,3 others not even showing signs

Fair point Tomo! All my other Jills are fully in season and this one hasn't started... hence the mild panic.

• 1 month later...

Well this Jill of mine still hasn't come into season. In twenty eight years I've never had a jill come into season this late. I've had old jills stop coming into season, but this one is four/five and fit as a flea.

It's all very strange...

Edited by Mustelid

Gutted. This is the best ferret I've owned. I even worked her very sparingly last season to make sure she didn't get lost... not that I've ever lost a ferret but I do use them n rats as well as rabbits.

This is only the start of MAY maybe the last couple of years they came in early but its maybe reverting to how it should be , who do you hear talking about global warming now

• 1 month later...

Would you believe it... This Jill is now coming into season! If anyone has a top class hob within an hour of Monmouth please let me know. This is the best ferret I've had in 28 years so I'll definitely have a litter from her.