Please Help Me - Rats!

Hi. When the fella from the council comes out and inspects the poison he says it hasn't been touched. But I see the rats every night. I'm hoping the traps help. But there seems so many of them. They're digging my plant beds up with their tunnels. And I see them running round the garden.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Local Paper.   Mc Donalds Rat Infestation.   Job done. . .

You need to escalate the level of authority within the council you are reporting this issue to.

Find the name of the service director of environmental health or go even higher and report you problem and concerns to the council chief executive.

At the same time put the same letter to you local ward councillor and mp.

I can assure you will get the desired response. Some one will be jumping through hoops to address your concerns.

With regard to Mcdonalds have a look at their bin storage area and check the large commercial waste bins for sound lids and drainage bungs. The most common cause of rat activity around commercial premises bar none. Any issues found again report to environmental health department service director.

We regularly get referrals through similar channels and there is stipulated time frames to investigate these issues.

As others have said all councils have a legal responsibility to keep their district as free from rats and mice as is humanly possible.

Edited by budgie123

You need to escalate the level of authority within the council you are reporting this issue to.

Find the name of the service director of environmental health or go even higher and report you problem and concerns to the council chief executive.

At the same time put the same letter to you local ward councillor and mp.

I can assure you will get the desired response. Some one will be jumping through hoops to address your concerns.

With regard to Mcdonalds have a look at their bin storage area and check the large commercial waste bins for sound lids and drainage bungs. The most common cause of rat activity around commercial premises bar none. Any issues found again report to environmental health department service director.

We regularly get referrals through similar channels and there is stipulated time frames to investigate these issues.

As others have said all councils have a legal responsibility to keep their district as free from rats and mice as is humanly possible.

That is sound advice :thumbs:

You do not have to put up with this :no: the problem is being caused by your neighbour, and they have a legal responsibility to sort it out.

The fact that the council pest controller is struggling to get bait take suggests that there is an alternative food source. Bins and litter are the obvious likely problem. Get the local Environmental Health Officer involved and don't take 'no' for an answer.

Your first port of call should be the EHO rather than ebay. Ask them to come around to discuss the issue and take it from there.

Thanks folks. I'm already onto McDonald's and the environmental health people. They do seem to be taking it seriously. But it's all just such a slow process. I'm now setting traps. The rats were out last night but didn't get trapped. I'm sure that they're laughing at me.

Put a bit of peanut butter on a fenn trap you will catch a rat in no time then get it out of the trap and fire it over the fence on to mc d car park bet you the next day there will be more pest control lads on the car park than rats in your garden

Just a thought

just to add my two pennies worth, if you have rats running through your flower beds and can therefore see pathways that they use over and over again, get some fenn traps, scrape away dirt that is on the rat pathway, lay trap in the hollow and lightly cover over with soil, you don't need bait, it's obvious they wont touch it anyway with the amount of maccy D's laying around, the traps will catch as the rats run along the pathways, to keep within the law you'll need to place artificial tunnels over the traps, I use 2"x2" mesh bent into a tunnel, have either an air rifle or lump of wood handy to bump off any that are not killed outright by the trap, DO NOT DROP INTO BUCKET OF WATER, as that is illegal