where to get

stubby

right, cant remember where I saw it, but saw a clip on splicing nylon long net head and foot lines together, it looked like a small red plastic tool, but on doing a google search I can only find metal one's which look miles to big, anyone on here know where I can get this device, or add a photo of how you do yours

many thanks

right, cant remember where I saw it, but saw a clip on splicing nylon long net head and foot lines together, it looked like a small red plastic tool, but on doing a google search I can only find metal one's which look miles to big, anyone on here know where I can get this device, or add a photo of how you do yours

many thanks

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/learning/singlebraid.htmlstart 6" from one end threadle needle in and along inside of braid and then out,do the same on the 6" end and it should look like this100_0416.jpg

Edited by woodman

woodman, thats what i want to achieve, the clip ive got shows how to join two ends without forming a knot, the FID i saw slip over the end of the nylon, but looking at your link, i suppose i could use any type of rigid wire and tape,

did look on e bay, could only find large metal ones for mariners

woodman, thats what i want to achieve, the clip ive got shows how to join two ends without forming a knot, the FID i saw slip over the end of the nylon, but looking at your link, i suppose i could use any type of rigid wire and tape,

did look on e bay, could only find large metal ones for mariners

works a treat mate.all the best

many thanks

Stubby,

get a bodkin needle from an upholstery shop, this is a needle about 8" long with an eye big enough to take head and foot lines. Threadle the line onto the needle stick it through the other line about 8" from the end. Pass the needle through the line twice and then push the needle through the centre of your line and pull it off the needle. Threadle the needle onto the 8" of line sticking out do exactly the same as you have just done, put the line on a flat board and roll it with your foot, pull tight and cut off any loose ends sticking through line.

A fid is usually made from stainless steel and is used to open the twists of rope up so you can pass the other twists through it when you are splicing ropes together or making "eyes" in the ends of rope. Its something like a shoe horn in reverse.

hope this helps

masterhunter