Night Vision With Lamping

you cant educate pork chaps. . . just get on with it and leave the old fashioned Luddites to there medieval ways..lol.

A mate of mine has more than doubled his bags both with gun and dogs using a basic set up.

The problem Gaffer has and a lot of other lads going out local to there homes is not just the weather and other lampers etc etc..its the ambient light from the cities and towns..even on the darkest nights,its still not dark enough because of this. . You can spend lots of money and use all the fieldcraft ever known to man and beast,But if the game sees you coming before you get there,you pissing in the wind basically.

Best time I've found on ground like this is just before it gets light in the morning..the last hour of nightime. . .get up early and go out then,you might be suprised how far out they are sat... then when you have put them all to ground..wait til daylight and get the ferrets in. ;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know no ones mentioned it yet, and it might not be ideal for you guys ....BUT...over the years I've had to hunt heavily hunted land and I often found going at a later than average time would give be

lamping a art and shouldn't be changed

Also with this night vision bollock's.. for instance everthing is lamp shy so we need night vision.. :laugh: .. fooking jackpot we lamp 200 rabbit's with this pointles shit then what do we do when we

Posted Images

Spend your money on getting your brain and dog trained.. it will be money well saved.. :D . the only time i would ever use this shite is if the folk who make it could rig something up to fit on a dog's head/eye's.. that way the lamp would not be needed to scatter the rest of the lamp shy gear found with NV..

I'm not again'st it as far as gun's go as it's a good bit of kit.. or if we are pre ban on Fox and Deer.... but for lamp shy rabbit's it's a joke..

Local to me you may lamp or see 20+ lampshy bunnies running full trash through the hedge.. with no chance of getting them with the pooch.. with night vision you will see 30+ and you may well be able to shoot half of them.. put a lamp on once night vision has been used and the same thing will happen... all them bunnies will be gone within 150/200 yrd's away instantly with hopefully one in the bag..

Do the pro's way up the Con's as far as bunnies go.. i don't think so for some reason.. 3 mad dog ferret's in the day time will be much more efficient other than the gun..

Millet the bunny,s around sunny Donny are more resolute than others of their English cousins,same as the bunny,s a few others amidst us have the trouble of getting to terms with,fact is that without a little cheating,N.V.,they may never drop into the jukels jaw.Ive tried it and am of the opinion that other well tried methods are preferable,at times,other times a little cheating may account for an otherwise escape,i don,t mind the odd escape,fecking frustrating at times,especially when N.V. aids the pursuer.One mans bunny escapee is anothers missed opportunity.Not all bunny,s eat carrots.

• Like 1