Night Vision With Lamping

It's not rocket science ffs.

Night vision - see in the dark without a light.

Lamp shy rabbits - run off when the light comes on.

Night vision - helps you get close to lamp shy rabbits.

And there is also the fact that the less the lamp is on, the less attention is drawn on 'hot' ground.

Some folk use it. . . . and some folk seem really bothered that others do. . . .

Bothered enough to argue about it on here for ten pages.

And yer NL you're dead right . . . . looking at working running dogs is SHIT in comparison to arguing back and fore over and over about the same thing. . . . largely because people find it impossible to read what's already been written. And f**k reading a hunting report if it uses words. . . . . be better if it just had a picture and a caption saying 'smashed sum shiz 2nite peeps' :thumbs:

P.S DM - yer I know.

• Like 3

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know no ones mentioned it yet, and it might not be ideal for you guys ....BUT...over the years I've had to hunt heavily hunted land and I often found going at a later than average time would give be

lamping a art and shouldn't be changed

Also with this night vision bollock's.. for instance everthing is lamp shy so we need night vision.. :laugh: .. fooking jackpot we lamp 200 rabbit's with this pointles shit then what do we do when we

Posted Images

so unless i am reading this wrong, you spend a big lump of cash so you can get 1 run at local a lamp shy rabbit as once you switch the lamp on the edge has gone :laugh: a good nv headset with an IR flip up filter on a hand held lamp might be useful in other situations :angel:

No the benefits are,,,

you can scan everywhere in sight without spooking anything, rabbit, fox, whatever you could position yourself to get the best run possible OR save your legs in the process.... If you scanned a field with a lamp, anything wise to it would be off...

Your getting runs were you would otherwise struggle...

Surely this is boring now???

What else is left to say?

It's a joke that this kind of thing makes ten pages. . . .

And plenty of hunting reports, and half interesting debates . . . . struggle to make one.

It just goes to show that a lot of people are for want of a better word blinkered and narrow minded when it comes to anything different... Luddite is the word ! To be honest most, not all commenting have never used these, and just like to disagree.......... I've taken a few rabbits for want of a better word, and go on some area's were they are very wise to disturbance. My mind is made up, to the benefits with gun or dog... so anyone saying remarks like its not needed, I'll stick to my lamp, blah blah. crack on..you dont need it.. But theres an advantage, without any doubt, and that was based on the initial post question.

so unless i am reading this wrong, you spend a big lump of cash so you can get 1 run at local a lamp shy rabbit as once you switch the lamp on the edge has gone :laugh: a good nv headset with an IR flip up filter on a hand held lamp might be useful in other situations :angel:

No the benefits are,,,

you can scan everywhere in sight without spooking anything, rabbit, fox, whatever you could position yourself to get the best run possible OR save your legs in the process.... If you scanned a field with a lamp, anything wise to it would be off...

Your getting runs were you would otherwise struggle...

Surely this is boring now???

What else is left to say?

It's a joke that this kind of thing makes ten pages. . . .

And plenty of hunting reports, and half interesting debates . . . . struggle to make one.

It just goes to show that a lot of people are for want of a better word blinkered and narrow minded when it comes to anything different... Luddite is the word ! To be honest most, not all commenting have never used these, and just like to disagree.......... I've shot a few rabbits for want of a better word, and go on some area's were they are very wise to disturbance. My mind is made up, to the benefits with gun or dog... so anyone saying remarks like its not needed, I'll stick to my lamp, blah blah. crack on..you dont need it.. But theres an advantage, without any doubt, and that was based on the initial post question.

i have used it on rifles and with dogs, on a rifle it does give you the advantage with switched on rabbits and is bob on at bait stations from a high seat or motor with lamp shy fox`s, both of which do not also need to facilitate the use of a lamp to complete the job, lets be honest the only real reason to use it with dogs is to reduce the risk of alerting others to your presence when you may have accidentally strayed over the fence :whistling:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ...I really am lost here ,if you can't see the advantage of not putting a lamp on and seeing your quarry you really are in wrong game :laugh::laugh::laugh:

if you can see the quarry and it or nobody can see you its a no brainer aren't it ?

but eventually you have to light it up :laugh: risk reduction :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ...I really am lost here ,if you can't see the advantage of not putting a lamp on and seeing your quarry you really are in wrong game :laugh::laugh::laugh:

if you can see the quarry and it or nobody can see you its a no brainer aren't it ?

but eventually you have to light it up :laugh: risk reduction :laugh::laugh::laugh:

not really in nights gone by I've used them on full moon nights no lamp and had some of my highest numbers .......and when you do use the lamp your still keeping putting lamp on to min which helps believe me :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

not really in nights gone by I've used them on full moon nights no lamp and had some of my highest numbers .......and when you do use the lamp your still keeping putting lamp on to min which helps believe me :laugh::laugh:

i am going to try a candle next full moon :laugh::laugh:

Deerman I'm not arguing with you matey. You know I've seen it used first hand to great affect.

Folk just like to argue round in circles. Round and round :laugh:

Paulus - If it's a full moon. . . . you don't really need the candle :thumbs:

• Like 1

Deerman I'm not arguing with you matey. You know I've seen it used first hand to great affect.

Folk just like to argue round in circles. Round and round :laugh:

Paulus - If it's a full moon. . . . you don't really need the candle :thumbs:

i do ive lost my glasses :laugh:

Luddite, excellent! !, advantageous or not I'm old enough and grumpy enough to totally disregard its benefits just because I don't care for change, professionals or those at risk of losing permission etc use everything at your disposal.Me my myopathy and me clulite will just bumble along like the Luddite I most certainly am. Progress bah!

Mind I bet its invaluable for getting the dog back if you run Saluki x's, least you can watch them ignore you in the dark.lol.