Night Vision With Lamping

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know no ones mentioned it yet, and it might not be ideal for you guys ....BUT...over the years I've had to hunt heavily hunted land and I often found going at a later than average time would give be

lamping a art and shouldn't be changed

Also with this night vision bollock's.. for instance everthing is lamp shy so we need night vision.. :laugh: .. fooking jackpot we lamp 200 rabbit's with this pointles shit then what do we do when we

Posted Images

thats utter bollox some of the quarry we hunt (pre-ban) does not have that hard a time at all they have no natural predators in this country and theres alot of wank dogs out there lol and theres not alot of field craft to lamping jesus its not rocket science at all a decent biddable dog a lamp and abit of basic knowledge and lie of the lands all thats needed its not an ancient skill passed down that only a few have mastered lol and you say about science etc making it impossible for them to survive they never had high powered spot lamps and lit ion batterys a few decades ago if your that bothered why not do what they used to do and go out in the moonlight part of hunting is finding and edge over your quarry your arguments flawed in alot of ways my friend

You are obviously a shit hunter and a even worse dog man so what will you do.. ???? opt for the easy option.. :laugh: .. night vision should be banned in my opinion and more money should be spent on the good old blue eye and cluelite..

Macky have ya used a t20 it will throw further beem for ya nv the next outing I go on I will take my recording device along with my nv gear and try and get sumat on film to show clear it is

alright pal the set up i have suits me fine its clear and i have plenty footage on dvd.

Also with this night vision bollock's.. for instance everthing is lamp shy so we need night vision.. :laugh: :laugh: .. fooking jackpot we lamp 200 rabbit's with this pointles shit then what do we do when we get near them with the dog.. WE put the lamp on so the dog can run a bunnie...then what happen's..??? alll the other bunnies run off into hedges and down hole's..3K down the toilet as it never worked.. :laugh: :laugh: ..a pointless waste of money imo .. get your dog's going well and any that need clearing up afterward's can be ferreted which is a lot more traditional and cheaper on the sky rocket..

• Like 3

I know no ones mentioned it yet, and it might not be ideal for you guys ....BUT...over the years I've had to hunt heavily hunted land and I often found going at a later than average time would give better results. I know it might be impractical on a school night, but going out at 3 or 4 am will definatelty improve your bag and you'll almost certainly get more runs. I know it's worked for me. When I was a young man, and keen as mustard I worked night shift and often would have to go home early due to 'illness'. 3am and the fields were getting walked, fields where i would struggle to get a run at 8 or 9 o clock, suddenly the bunnies were right out, with a full belly and pretty darn settled. I got me a good few that way. just a thought.

As for night vision, I tried it a while back but theres only so much junk you can carry and field craft don't weigh a thing....

JD

• Like 5

Also with this night vision bollock's.. for instance everthing is lamp shy so we need night vision.. :laugh: :laugh: .. fooking jackpot we lamp 200 rabbit's with this pointles shit then what do we do when we get near them with the dog.. WE put the lamp on so the dog can run a bunnie...then what happen's..??? alll the other bunnies run off into hedges and down hole's..3K down the toilet as it never worked.. :laugh: :laugh: ..a pointless waste of money imo .. get your dog's going well and any that need clearing up afterward's can be ferreted which is a lot more traditional and cheaper on the sky rocket..

The original thread asks if anyone has used night vision when getting runs for dogs, mainly on land where they are lamp shy...

No doubt about it, the right night vision or thermal will get you better runs on lamp shy rabbits and for checking if there out in certain areas without spooking them with a lamp first..

I know no ones mentioned it yet, and it might not be ideal for you guys ....BUT...over the years I've had to hunt heavily hunted land and I often found going at a later than average time would give better results. I know it might be impractical on a school night, but going out at 3 or 4 am will definatelty improve your bag and you'll almost certainly get more runs. I know it's worked for me. When I was a young man, and keen as mustard I worked night shift and often would have to go home early due to 'illness'. 3am and the fields were getting walked, fields where i would struggle to get a run at 8 or 9 o clock, suddenly the bunnies were right out, with a full belly and pretty darn settled. I got me a good few that way. just a thought.

As for night vision, I tried it a while back but theres only so much junk you can carry and field craft don't weigh a thing....

JD

Gimp get up here and I'll record some footage of lamp, night vision and thermal, just to prove the benefits, then people can make there own minds up..

i lamp ground were no dowt keepers lamp ,,most nites,,,,and still do ok,,,,, fack the nite vision,,,, when i have to use that for catching some rabbits ,,hits time to pack up,,,,

Good for you.. Whatever suits, and your happy with..