Night Vision With Lamping

i think the nite site spotter would be perfect for this just scan with the spotter walk up on them then switch the lamp and slip the dog

and thats all it will be used for mate i have one on my airgun and you still have to get in between them and they know you are there and you don't allways get a shot off you have to walk slow to them and stalk in the dark so that will aply when using the spotter

You can be a lot quieter with an air gun. You don't have a dog chocking itself on a slip lead :)

next seasons secret weapon :laugh::laugh:

i have just made a set for my dog along with some sadle bags pall so i have no need to get out of the car just send him on his merry way :laugh:

not a patch on a silent aerial attack, nobody is even going to even think of looking upwards in them hot places :laugh:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know no ones mentioned it yet, and it might not be ideal for you guys ....BUT...over the years I've had to hunt heavily hunted land and I often found going at a later than average time would give be

lamping a art and shouldn't be changed

Also with this night vision bollock's.. for instance everthing is lamp shy so we need night vision.. :laugh: .. fooking jackpot we lamp 200 rabbit's with this pointles shit then what do we do when we

Posted Images

No you dodged the questions which I was I stopped replying

Well travel 50 miles in a different direction or use a dog with 4 legs

hey gaffer you cant educate beef some cuts are to thick

:laugh: he has a lot of asumptions about me for some reason but asumption is the mother of all f**k ups and shh you just f****d up again :laugh::laugh:

i think the nite site spotter would be perfect for this just scan with the spotter walk up on them then switch the lamp and slip the dog

and thats all it will be used for mate i have one on my airgun and you still have to get in between them and they know you are there and you don't allways get a shot off you have to walk slow to them and stalk in the dark so that will aply when using the spotter
You can be a lot quieter with an air gun. You don't have a dog chocking itself on a slip lead :)

pffft!!! My tiger will smash that lol

post-92146-0-12543700-1393439299.jpg

pffft!!! My tiger will smash that lol

attachicon.gifpanoramic-images-tiger-wearing-night-vision-goggles.jpg

but mine drops the dog right on the quarry :laugh::laugh:

Gafer, you have a spot with very spooky rabbits, it doesn't take long at all for rabbits to get wise to a lamp, be it from dog, gun or whatever..

Certain land I go on, the first hint of a light hitting anywhere in the field and there off.. all of them, gone for dust.

Night vision will definitely help you get onto more runs with your dog on these type of places, but maybe only one or two in the field if there that alert to a beam as soon as you put it on for the dog to run.

I don't understand people saying its unsporting, in a sense your using it to get onto quarry that is really skitty and in some places you can't even get near them for a run. BUT then people will wait for a windy night ???? Is that not unsporting, then use a lamp, then some slip more than one dog..is ferreting a totally netted warren sporting?

Its all bollocks mate, do as you please, I can guarantee you if you use any half decent night vision device you will get more runs on shy rabbits, then use your lamp as normal, only difference your getting onto them, instead of an empty field.

but if you know where they are and where they will be going it seems a tad pointless as you can get yourself into a position using field craft and local knowledge, might be useful if your somewhere new and have no idea as to the lay of the land, runs.warrens ect, at the end of the day you still have to stick the lamp on to slip the dog though

You will have more success, the weather still plays a part ambient light and wind.

As paulus mentioned you could get downwind of them, where you think they may be out, but then again they could be further out than normal and you may spook them early, by pre-empting putting the lamp on....

The beauty is, you can see if anything is in the field from a distance, preventing a wasted walk...or guaranteeing you a decent run..

There not needed, but on land like you say, you will definitely benefit, no doubt about it.

I was out the other night, I used a thermal and spotted 12 rabbits in one large field in various places from the edge to the centre of the field, if I had lamped this field to see where they were at, even for a few seconds, they would have all disappeared..if I had a dog, I could walk upto the rabbits, right out from cover in the centre of the field using NV and get some cracking runs..

You will have more success, the weather still plays a part ambient light and wind.

As paulus mentioned you could get downwind of them, where you think they may be out, but then again they could be further out than normal and you may spook them early, by pre-empting putting the lamp on....

The beauty is, you can see if anything is in the field from a distance, preventing a wasted walk...or guaranteeing you a decent run..

There not needed, but on land like you say, you will definitely benefit, no doubt about it.

theres also the fact theres night vision and then theres night vision and then comes extra ir illumination etc and how all that is effected by other things, people believe an aldi special will turn them into a cat high on carrots :laugh:

Yes you pay for what you get...but I dont think cost was any issue when asking if theres any benefit in using NV...

The model he mentioned with a T20 should be good enough to do what he needs out to 200yd+ , not the best but very useable with additional IR.

Or he could just get a cat high on carrots on a lead and wait for it to pull his arm off... :laugh:

I was out the other night, I used a thermal and spotted 12 rabbits in one large field in various places from the edge to the centre of the field, if I had lamped this field to see where they were at, even for a few seconds, they would have all disappeared..if I had a dog, I could walk upto the rabbits, right out from cover in the centre of the field using NV and get some cracking runs..

thats how it is round hear ian i think it will be a good asset on very jump rabbits and the sole aim is just to give the dog a spin

Yes you pay for what you get...but I dont think cost was any issue when asking if theres any benefit in using NV...

The model he mentioned with a T20 should be good enough to do what he needs out to 200yd+ , not the best but very useable with additional IR.

it becomes an issue when you read threads, spend fifty quid on one, walk into a dark field, turn it on and see a slightly less dark field :laugh:

it becomes an issue when you read threads, spend fifty quid on one, walk into a dark field, turn it on and see a slightly less dark field :laugh:

Agree :laugh: