Night Vision With Lamping

I don't like it and i never will.. our quarry has a hard enough time without science making it impossible for them to survive.. if we can't use field craft and the knowledge we have learned over the past decades..we really need to think of a different sport/hobby or pass time..

Night vision is for people in the number's game with no respect for our dog working life.. that's my view and i will not change..if it's for you then so be it..

I'm with you mate, if you can't catch them with a lamp then there is something wrong and it might just be you. Night vision to catch rabbits with a dog :laugh: honest to f**k the mind boggles. It's called hunting not eradication ffs. Every missed rabbit is there for another day. If it becomes lamp shy, use your hunting skills, don't rely on a piece of technology :rolleyes:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know no ones mentioned it yet, and it might not be ideal for you guys ....BUT...over the years I've had to hunt heavily hunted land and I often found going at a later than average time would give be

lamping a art and shouldn't be changed

Also with this night vision bollock's.. for instance everthing is lamp shy so we need night vision.. :laugh: .. fooking jackpot we lamp 200 rabbit's with this pointles shit then what do we do when we

Posted Images

I don't like it and i never will.. our quarry has a hard enough time without science making it impossible for them to survive.. if we can't use field craft and the knowledge we have learned over the past decades..we really need to think of a different sport/hobby or pass time..

Night vision is for people in the number's game with no respect for our dog working life.. that's my view and i will not change..if it's for you then so be it..

I'm with you mate, if you can't catch them with a lamp then there is something wrong and it might just be you. Night vision to catch rabbits with a dog :laugh: honest to f**k the mind boggles. It's called hunting not eradication ffs. Every missed rabbit is there for another day. If it becomes lamp shy, use your hunting skills, don't rely on a piece of technology :rolleyes:

baw do you even know what your talking about? if your out lamping and soon as the lamps switched on everything on the ground bolts what hunting skills can you use ?im interested in the answer to this yoda

Yer come on. . . . don't rely on a piece of technology. . . . . . .

. . . . . like a lamp.

. . . . . a filter. . . .

. . . . . . a fox call. . . . . .

It goes on.

We're hardly hunting them with spears.

• Like 1

I don't like it and i never will.. our quarry has a hard enough time without science making it impossible for them to survive.. if we can't use field craft and the knowledge we have learned over the past decades..we really need to think of a different sport/hobby or pass time..Night vision is for people in the number's game with no respect for our dog working life.. that's my view and i will not change..if it's for you then so be it..

post-92146-0-78093400-1393417815.jpg

baw do you even know what your talking about? if your out lamping and soon as the lamps switched on everything on the ground bolts what hunting skills can you use ?im interested in the answer to this yoda

Andy, as much as I'd love to teach you how to lamp, I have neither the want or the f***ing time :) but I'll give you a few things you can do. I'll pretend you haven't got a clue..... If your going to the land, switching on the lamp and they all bolt, you need to ask why. Has someone lamped it recently? Am I lamping it too much? Is my dog really that shit? Next, what can you do to change it. Change your habits. how you enter the field, which one you do first. You might be lamping the fields at the same time, try going later, earlier, get them out in the open more. Make sure you pick the best nights available, darkest windiest. Make sure your quiet. Know where the rabbits will be without using the lamp, try to get as close to them from the side they'll run to if wind allows. That's enough the now, I don't want to tax your wee brain :)

• Like 2

hes

Andy, as much as I'd love to teach you how to lamp, I have neither the want or the f*****g time :) but I'll give you a few things you can do. I'll pretend you haven't got a clue..... If your going to the land, switching on the lamp and they all bolt, you need to ask why. Has someone lamped it recently? Am I lamping it too much? Is my dog really that shit? Next, what can you do to change it. Change your habits. how you enter the field, which one you do first. You might be lamping the fields at the same time, try going later, earlier, get them out in the open more. Make sure you pick the best nights available, darkest windiest. Make sure your quiet. Know where the rabbits will be without using the lamp, try to get as close to them from the side they'll run to if wind allows. That's enough the now, I don't want to tax your wee brain :)

hes already said all the local land is getting hammerd n no matter which way you enter the field soon as the lamp comes on there off n to the rest if the rabbits no that the lamp equalls danger no matter what time of day or what the weathers like there gunna be off as said this time of year when only the skittish rabbits have survived there not sitting for nobody mate so all the info youve just gave is useless in this situation good if your going onto land thats not getting hammerd but for this situation think the nv would be good idea just to get the odd runs

I gave him advice for his land pal, body swerve it. If you ain't got control of who lamps it, then your only asking to waste the dog. There is only so many people can say get new ground. They are saying it for a reason :)

I gave him advice for his land pal, body swerve it. If you ain't got control of who lamps it, then your only asking to waste the dog. There is only so many people can say get new ground. They are saying it for a reason :)

see now thats not bad advice he does need to get some new ground to go at were about 5mile apart and its same round here everyones running it only other option is the big P if you carnt get any more land

only been on this bit twice lads and its not mine and andy nows what my ground is like not mutch on this season so i have to go where i can i did eveything baw said went in a diferant way to last time and changed the time and only managed one if i have to use nv gear to get my mut a run i will thats for sure but back to what i asked has anyone used it with lamping not weather they would or not it is a very interesting thread though lads

if i had some to use in this situation i defntly would ye corse i woud n why not its only for spotting and getting close enough to slip your dog if the nv is so bad then surely this argument against would also be valid with the shooters?