Lets See Your Whippets!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11/16 WHIPPET, 1/16 GREY, 1/4 BEDLINGTON. 11 MONTHS OLD.  

my bitch

Posted Images

Depends on the lurcher I guess. . . . but in general you're right.

It's just funny how some folk seem to think ALL lurchers are tougher and more capable than ALL whippets.

And I've seen enough to know that my whippet stacks up well enough against the lurcher world. . . in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously a whippet at the top of his game, will still struggle against a top lurcher. But a good whippet will beat an average lurcher most of the time. . . .

Good point.

Cracking dug and pics.

Depends on the lurcher I guess. . . . but in general you're right.

It's just funny how some folk seem to think ALL lurchers are tougher and more capable than ALL whippets.

And I've seen enough to know that my whippet stacks up well enough against the lurcher world. . . in the grand scheme of things.

Obviously a whippet at the top of his game, will still struggle against a top lurcher. But a good whippet will beat an average lurcher most of the time. . . .

What would you say is the difference between a top whippet and a top lurcher?

Johnny - I'd say top end speed, size, strength, stamina. . . . . .

And i'm not saying the whippet doesnt have those things.

There are just certain limitations on the breed. . . .

Of course, it's horses for courses. But then my lad has done more than I would have ever expected. But i've seen him struggling in an (unfair) situation, and realised that a lurcher purpose bred for the task in hand would be better.

Does that make any sense?

Of course, it's horses for courses. But then my lad has done more than I would have ever expected. But i've seen him struggling in an (unfair) situation, and realised that a lurcher purpose bred for the task in hand would be better.

Yeah thanks

Yeah thanks

Just to add,for the unfair situations I have the dog in my avatar.Best of both worlds

Yer mine lives in, and I couldn't wish for a better house companion. Also he could find game anywhere, and most of the time he's the one that finds first. Never had a dog hunt like him. Him and my hound are a handy team. . .

No nose :laugh:

We were checking an earth today and the whippet disappeared, following a line from the woods, across the fields, nose down, tail up, right to the far woods. . . . and to the fox that wasn't in the earth, but was lying up in the ivy and branches of a fallen tree. . . .

There were five other dogs that had missed the line. . . . all good hunting dogs.

• Like 1