Vegetables

Isn't Guinness high in iron?

That's exactly what the nurse said, when all my results came back, Gnips. In fact, her actual words were:

" My! What a fine specimen of health you are!!! Your A, is fine. Your B is fine. Your C is fine. " So on and so forth. Then said there's only one little thing; Do I drink much Guinness? Only, my Iron Count is a little high.

Well, yeah, I drink stout like a drain! But, on mentioning all this, elsewhere, someone popped up and sent me to this GHC site. And there, they completely rubbish this 'Old wives tale' about stout being responsible.

Seems that's complete bollocks, promulgated, even within the modern medical profession. It's an urban myth! :huh:

" GHC "? The G gives us a clue. " Genetic ". Not Guinness.

Now, I'm f**ked, of course. Because the treatment for this condition is to bleed me. They need to draw off a pint of blood about every month, or something. And they're just not going to do that.

Because they have enough to do. I'd end up with more tracks than a career junkie. And they'd end up struggling to find a spot to stick me! Too much trouble.

So, I'll bowl along. In outwardly sterling health. Till my liver packs up, or I develop pancreatic cancer, because they aren't bleeding me. Then, I won't be the local surgeries problem anyway. I'll be in hospital or dead.

How cool is that? :good:

Cabbage with turnip and bacon, turnip with haggis.

Broccoli and cauliflower boiled for a couple of minutes then in a nice cheese sauce.

Potatoes sliced and done in a nice garlic creamy dauphinoise style. Roasted with goose fat.

Sprouts shallow fried with garlic and diced bacon.

Parsnips and carrots roasted with honey.

Peas as a side for a nice fish pie.

Lol I don't mind veg on their own but it's so easy to make them extra tasty.

I'll be writing up that red cabbage recipe later as it's sounds good.

So apart from the peas,,,, you don't like veg on it own.....lol

Got to agre, Love dauphinoise ,,

Red cabbage ,, sliced thinly,,,onion sliced thinly,,, in a pan with balsamic vinegar half teaspoon of sugar,,and a drop of water,,,on the heat and steamed. For ten mins....

Also like home made coleslaw ,,,,, again red cabbage and onion sliced thin,,and a grated carrot all put in a bowl a couple of big dolaps of Mayo,, all mixed up,,,, great as a side dish,,,, you can do the same with celeriac as well wich is real nice