Fluorescent Collar

Does anybody use fluorescent collars when lamping? I am thinking of doing it to help to find when dogs catch out of beam, good or bad idea?

years ago i managed a narrow fabric manufacturers, we made glow in the dark shoe laces and webbing tape, often thought it might come in useful stitched onto a collar. it works buy absorbing light so would only be visible for a short period after a course

How you gonna run off and hide when the keeper comes..?

it only lasts a minute or so then it needs more light, mind just training the dog to return when the lamp goes off will work too :laugh:

No yours is a decent idea mate. The one that reflects when a lamp/searchlight hits it is no good. Bad enough sat covering the dogs eyes :laugh:

So I've heard anyway, from the lads round here. I use permission. All the time.

• Like 2

How you gonna run off and hide when the keeper comes..?

it only lasts a minute or so then it needs more light, mind just training the dog to return when the lamp goes off will work too :laugh:

No yours is a decent idea mate. The one that reflects when a lamp/searchlight hits it is no good. Bad enough sat covering the dogs eyes :laugh:

So I've heard anyway, from the lads round here. I use permission. All the time.

that's what woolly hats were made for :laugh: when its cold like :D

Does anybody use fluorescent collars when lamping? I am thinking of doing it to help to find when dogs catch out of beam, good or bad idea?

If the dog has not been leaned retrieve or recall you will or should know where it is by sound if it has nailed something too big to retrieve feck them silly bright collar's.. if you need one to find and get your dog back you are doing something seriously wrong..

If the dog has not been leaned retrieve or recall you will or should know where it is by sound if it has nailed something too big to retrieve feck them silly bright collar's.. if you need one to find and get your dog back you are doing something seriously wrong..
are you being serious? Try listening to something 100 meters away in a strong wind