what dog is for me

oh yeh fooking hell well i was selling purse nets n i think i posted pics with me out ferreting so i dout people think that

im not saying you are an anti just its the sort of thing they whant to see

:thumbs:

there must be somereason why your not getting any response i was trying to help !

i put a few pics of greyhound xbed pup at 10 month old up..hes got the rabbit catchin down to a t..so we'll see how he does..just incase you wanted a look at what it might turn out like....i'm no expert but if it's predominantly foxes your goin for then get something with a bit of jaw power..bull x or a deerhoundx or maybe even staghound cross...but then again they may not be the type for you..my mate had a collie cross an it could bite through bone like a hot knife through butter !!just goes to show ,every dog is different..

ferret15 cheers for ya help was just a bit shocked i thought you thought i was a anti,thanks for your other replys much apricited and how are they temprement wise as ovisly a good working dog is good and ovisly it will still need be a friend/family dog if that makes sense

the beddie cross is 3/4 geyhound 1/4 beddlington...he's the easiest goin big dog i have ever met...great with other dogs,cats(okay maybe thats a lie),nothing seems to phase him an he seems to respond really well to training..hes great with kids an people as well(but still a decent watchdog! terrier bit of the breeding comes to the fore)..but show him work an he becomes a completely different dog..he wont play around or carry on,he just wants to work!! i had to stop running my greyhound with a friends one particular dog as all they would do was chase each other around while rabbits took off in all directions,but the dash of terrier seems to have made all the difference in the pup...best of luck mate an i hope you find what your lookin for.....

horses for courses...the collie i described was 3/4 bred as well an as you say was one of the best all rounders...he was a great dog ,strength,brains an speed...but the collie is not everyones cuppa tea...best thing this lad could do is get out there with lads who work their dogs an wait until hes seen the dogs work a bit maybe then he'll have more of an idea of what he's after..only a suggestion..

ferret15 cheers for ya help was just a bit shocked i thought you thought i was a anti,thanks for your other replys much apricited and how are they temprement wise as ovisly a good working dog is good and ovisly it will still need be a friend/family dog if that makes sense

sorry didn't mean for it to come across like that

i had a 1/4bull x as my first running dog easy to train good all round and placid temperament and very forgiving if you make a mistake :D

The working dog fraternity are very suspicious of anyone...................antis come in all shapes and sizes with varying degrees of knowledge...............dont worry about it kid..... :thumbs::big_boss:

Coursing foxes with lurchers is now illegal as I'm sure will know..................so thats leaves rabbits.......Any lurcher with wippet collie beddy terrier or grey in it will do you................for large field then a leggier dog will be better...for small paddock work...a wippet cross for exposive speed is what you will need!