After A Blank Wet Day, Would You Believe It !

Went out with two of the dogs for a couple or three hours this morning, worked some soggy ground around a block or two of forestry. Not rabbit to be found, all flooded out. They two dogs hunted up a beastie, but still nothing to show. Get home soaked, vets arrived to dose some of the pigs and the tups which entails wrestling the beggars in the wellie deep mud. As I'm that wet, and it's still raining, I take the collie and the collie cur out for a mooch on some rough but dry sandy ground. Nowt but a few soggy pheasants and fleeting glimpses of a scut or two. Come home empty handed but with a full heart. It had been a grand day out. Quick bath and tea. One of the lurchers is sat at the door, so I grab a fag and torch and let him out. Well feck me, in the time it took to have a smoke I'd lamped three rabbits off the back lawn. I'd only gone 10 yards from the bleeding door step!

Tomorrow, I'm staying in

• Like 10

Haha..do you take b and b guests buddy lmao..I know exactly how your day felt..been nigh on identical to my own..shit up and soaked for f**k all haha..tomorrow is another day though ")

Last year you would have been welcome to stay in the holiday cottage. But after someone's mongrel pups stunk it out on New Year's Eve, it's a no dogs allowed policy. A least it stops my pot lickers being shown up

Edited by trenchfoot