Cur,saluki & The Machine...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jeez,looks like a dinosaur haha..trust me he ain't lol            

Had myself a wander out earlier on today with Don,Boots and the Pom..i went on some fells i hadn;t walked before,it was an enjoyable walk apart from getting soaked towards the end of the walk when the

Posted Images

See you shelled out on some decent boots :hmm::laugh:

Cheers, D.

Those are just ny Salomons D..I like them if im on the fells, great grip on them and good ankle support but not the vest at keeping your feet dry..I also have some lightweight Merrells which are super comfy and again good grip..for wet weather and up the Fells I also have some Scarpa all leather hiking boots..they are excellent and are Italian made..im getting there bud with the gear lol

• Like 1

Some cracking pics .. I'm up here with the misses and dog so hopping I don't bump into any beasties :L

Some cracking country fair play

What area are you hanging around buddy whilst up this way?

Some cracking pics .. I'm up here with the misses and dog so hopping I don't bump into any beasties :L

I'm staying in between Keswick and cockermouth mate .. Had trip down to coniston today and up skidaw yesterday

I'm staying in between Keswick and cockermouth mate .. Had trip down to coniston today and up skidaw yesterday

Excellent stuff i was out between the two myself just today..very windy up on the tops but atleast it was dry lol..hope your enjoying your stay up here buddy? I was up Skiddaw myself a few weeks ago is there still snow and ice from about half way up? Looked quite cloudy up there today from where i was anyways?..

20140203_114238_1_zpsivcsvodv.jpg

Canon3374_zpsb4b2f19b.jpg

20140203_115133_1_zpsfhjlarli.jpg

20140203_120421_1_zps0lhxfgzz.jpg

20140203_124047_1_zpslzr6pl1x.jpg

Canon3368_zpse897dbeb.jpg

• Like 4

Wasn't to bad on skidaw .. It was very windy up coniston today plenty off snow up on top ... Think heading to buttermere tomorrow for a look ..

Yeah enjoying it nice to have a week off and enjoy some new part off the British isles .. Would defo come back already

Buttermere is great..probably be somewhere around that area myself tomorrow..if you walk up Scarth Gap at the far end of the lake the Ennerdale is on the otherside lol..it's not a bad walk over Scarth Gap you can also head onto Haystacks from Scarth Gap where Alfred Wainwright had his ashes scattered in Inominate Tarn up there ..if you see the pack shout up buddy :victory:

• Like 1

Hope they're not out of action for long Andy.

As an aside, without hi jacking your thread, I was talking to a fella who collects old maps

the other day and he'd just bought one from a charity shop of your neck of the woods.

There is a section on this (Bttom left, if it comes out clear enough) called Drigg Rabbit Warren.

Do you know it by any chance? :whistling::icon_eek::laugh:

Cheers, D.

some very old names their! my house is VERY VERY nearly on that map :yes: "drigg rabbit warren" is now a nature reserv annnnndddd practice range for artilery lol

• Like 1

Wasn't to bad on skidaw .. It was very windy up coniston today plenty off snow up on top ... Think heading to buttermere tomorrow for a look ..

Yeah enjoying it nice to have a week off and enjoy some new part off the British isles .. Would defo come back already

Buttermere is great..probably be somewhere around that area myself tomorrow..if you walk up Scarth Gap at the far end of the lake the Ennerdale is on the otherside lol..it's not a bad walk over Scarth Gap you can also head onto Haystacks from Scarth Gap where Alfred Wainwright had his ashes scattered in Inominate Tarn up there ..if you see the pack shout up buddy :victory:

get ya self over haystacks then over in to wasdale...some proper fells up their :thumbs: if you should see a windswept unshaven young man who looks like he has been sleeping rough for a month...with terriers or fixing a wall any where from middle fell thru redpike to gable, ling mell and the screes...say hi :yes:;)

• Like 1