Army Fitness

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FFS it ain't rocket science ... Eat sensibly ... Cut down on the booze ... Give up the fags and get out and push yourself pounding the pavements ... Remember when your out of breath you havnt pushed y

Look mate ,just get out running as I said if you can run 5 mile you wont be far off ,I've taken a few through different training depots ,running 5 mile will get you to a base level ,.then you can leav

your obviously young so your recovery times will be fairly good. make sure you stretch off well after each session to rid the lactic acid from your muscles, you should be ok to train everyday after 2

It must have changed mate as the fitness standards online say the bleep test is for officers and my mate who passes selection 4 years ago did the run.

My selection is in catterick I think mate. I haven't got a set date yet

You don't do the mile and half run in the selection process pal.you do the bleep test in the two day selection and the mile and a half when you have enrolled for the 12 weeks training course all the best bud

Still do the 2.4km run...

Pullups/ammo tin lifts etc have been swapped for carrybags and static lifts on machines and such...

I think the bleep test is used in bad weather or if there isnt enough staff to man the route? ...

He will be doing 26weeks at catterick as apposed to the 12week basic and then trade training :thumbs: ...

Good luck...keep a regular training schedule going and it will stand you in good stead when the real thing comes round..

That's all I'm planning mate. I dont want to fly through and piss everyone off but I dont want to come in dead on the time limit either. I'm aiming to stay with the front group of lads and if I finish being able to have done more then its just going to help towards phase 1 training

You will do the beep test and mile and half best effort. The key is not too give up. I was made to pass folk that failed time as long as they put in best effort. As soon as you hit battalion you will be made fit. Like it or not lol let me know when your in catterick

Good luck...keep a regular training schedule going and it will stand you in good stead when the real thing comes round..

That's all I'm planning mate. I dont want to fly through and piss everyone off but I dont want to come in dead on the time limit either. I'm aiming to stay with the front group of lads and if I finish being able to have done more then its just going to help towards phase 1 training

Are you doing your training at catterick... or just your selection?

That's all I'm planning mate. I dont want to fl

y through and piss everyone off but I dont want to come in dead on the time limit either. I'm aiming to stay with the front group of lads and if I finish being able to have done more then its just going to help towards phase 1 training

Are you doing your training at catterick... or just your selection?

I will be training in catterick too as I'm going in infantry then if I get in the regiment I want I'll probably be based in Woolwich or cyprus

Get yourself to best physical fitness you can, makes basic a lot easier and you won't struggle. Make sure and do some tabs(walking/jogging with bergan) the easier you find the first few weeks the better it is for you, you don't feel out of sorts and can crack on with the training better. Just my opinion been there and done it.

just get out running ,forget the rest ,run run and run ....you want to be able to run 5 mile before you get to training, forget running with weight it just fucks you ,the fittest you will ever be in ur life is 3/4 of way through training .

Cheers for the advice guys.

I was going to start running with a burgan the few weeks between selection and phase 1 to prepare myself but I dont want to before hand as its not what I need to be concentrating on really, I just want to make 100% sure I will pass selection

best thing that got my run times down was hill sprints, and fartlek training. find a hill, not too steep, and belt up it fast as you can. walk back down, repeatx10. can do it on a flat surface too, but hill is better. Jog to the hill to warm up, stretch off so you dont kill yourself or tear something. then crack on.

fartlek is 5 mile run, in the middle of it, sprint for 2 lamp posts, walk for 1. do that for a couple of mile. then run home. Both of these got my run times down immensley, I was running 7 mile in about 45 minutes.