Army Fitness

You don't think that's outrageous for the average human?

The poster of those expected results did not mention an average human....you did.

But I'm right in what I have inferred from your post?

So, you believe the average squaddie possesses anything more genetically than the average human? Which was my point.

I'm not looking for an argument mate, I'm sure you know more than I do about fitness. Just discussion.

Your points null and void to me r kid, the poster said it was exclusive club...i look to evaluate what folk are upto whenever they mention exclusive clubs (i've got one me own) some r doable and some are outrageous, me oppo takes some of the boxing kids out till thier cryin, non of em do 2 1minute press-ups and non of em can do a mile of jumping squats...and he's 57yr old...all just a question of how much time someone is prepaired to give each discipline, exclusive clubs tend to give it some.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FFS it ain't rocket science ... Eat sensibly ... Cut down on the booze ... Give up the fags and get out and push yourself pounding the pavements ... Remember when your out of breath you havnt pushed y

Look mate ,just get out running as I said if you can run 5 mile you wont be far off ,I've taken a few through different training depots ,running 5 mile will get you to a base level ,.then you can leav

your obviously young so your recovery times will be fairly good. make sure you stretch off well after each session to rid the lactic acid from your muscles, you should be ok to train everyday after 2

Your points null and void to me r kid, the poster said it was exclusive club...i look to evaluate what folk are upto whenever they mention exclusive clubs (i've got one me own) some r doable and some are outrageous, me oppo takes some of the boxing kids out till thier cryin, non of em do 2 1minute press-ups and non of em can do a mile of jumping squats...and he's 57yr old...all just a question of how much time someone is prepaired to give each discipline, exclusive clubs tend to give it some.

Well you've flat out lost me, I was just evaluating your idea of a reasonable level of fitness. I do that because I'm sorta interested in it, so tend to take notice of folks opinions. f**k it, forget I spoke.

Well you've flat out lost me, I was just evaluating your idea of a reasonable level of fitness. I do that because I'm sorta interested in it, so tend to take notice of folks opinions. f**k it, forget I spoke.

'i was just evaluatin your idea of a reasonable level of fitness'...a reasonable level of fitness for someone who's set their stall out to get into an exclusive club, did i mention 'if you know it's on the menu'. If your sorta of intrested Born Hunter then sooner or later you'll clock that the devil is in the details....the 8min30sec routine with some dynamics aint on the squaddie's menu, thats down to loons that are kinky for it, once thy're that way on then it wont be outrageous....if your intrested in what other folk have to say then try evaluating what they have said without dovetailing your thoughts into thier thinking....innit.

I've never seen anyone do 100 in 2 minutes and them all be done correctly.

my best was 95 I think but if i was being watched properly only about 50-60 would have actually counted :yes:

@ bornhunter,for the press ups and sit ups average time per rep dont really matter,everyone i've seen who gets high numbers doesnt slowly and steadily push on.

they go like f@ck for about 50 reps which will probably take a fair bit less than 50 seconds then rest,then again for maybe 15 reps and rest again,and do that until they run out of time.

it's about keeping the momentum going if you're going for numbers imo,different if you're actually training for fitness or strength.

• Like 1

'i was just evaluatin your idea of a reasonable level of fitness'...a reasonable level of fitness for someone who's set their stall out to get into an exclusive club, did i mention 'if you know it's on the menu'. If your sorta of intrested Born Hunter then sooner or later you'll clock that the devil is in the details....the 8min30sec routine with some dynamics aint on the squaddie's menu, thats down to loons that are kinky for it, once thy're that way on then it wont be outrageous....if your intrested in what other folk have to say then try evaluating what they have said without dovetailing your thoughts into thier thinking....innit.

I was trying to, that's why I asked you the initial questions.... It's a forum so forgive me for engaging in conversation.

I was trying to...

Well if you was trying to.. you must have skipped 'if it's on the menu' cause them 5 little words coupled with an earlier poster stateing 'just run run run' is just about what it comes down to.

Beckham could'nt bend free kicks before cantona told him he's no chance of being world class given that he only does 20hrs a week, told him to do 40 and he might stand a chance, the extra coupled with the slight obviouslly touched him...'you folla'

Spoke to an olde girl (65+) in the summer, she had a sit up and beg bicycle in tow, she'd come from Bolton she said, i did the maths and engaged her in chat (she had 30miles completed and seemed to be looking fwd to the homewardbound). Said she'd done Blackpool (68m) and fell out with her daughter in law cause she instigated the family not allowing her to ride back, she was kinky for it, her olde man had passed away and she had found something she liked....and then put the hrs in. What she was doing at her age was'nt outrageous...it was doable...

Marsh the colourful wicket keeper once corrected Michael Parkinson who was running him up no end, going on about how fantastic he was making a split second decision whether to go left or right and to all points of the compass attempting to catch a 90 mph ball at close quarters, Marsh was not the least bit impressed and replied 'i work in split seconds everyday, a split second is a long time to me, it's fantastic for you, not for me'.

Edited by oneredtrim

I was trying to...

Well if you was trying to.. you must have skipped 'if it's on the menu' cause them 5 little words coupled with an earlier poster stateing 'just run run run' is just about what it comes down to.

Beckham could'nt bend free kicks before cantona told him he's no chance of being world class given that he only does 20hrs a week, told him to do 40 and he might stand a chance, the extra coupled with the slight obviouslly touched him...'you folla'

Spoke to an olde girl (65+) in the summer, she had a sit up and beg bicycle in tow, she'd come from Bolton she said, i did the maths and engaged her in chat (she had 30miles completed and seemed to be looking fwd to the homewardbound). Said she'd done Blackpool (68m) and fell out with her daughter in law cause she instigated the family not allowing her to ride back, she was kinky for it, her olde man had passed away and she had found something she liked....and then put the hrs in. What she was doing at her age was'nt outrageous...it was doable...

Marsh the colourful wicket keeper once corrected Michael Parkinson who was running him up no end, going on about how fantastic he was making a split second decision whether to go left or right and to all points of the compass attempting to catch a 90 mph ball at close quarters, Marsh was not the least bit impressed and replied 'i work in split seconds everyday, a split second is a long time to me, it's fantastic for you, not for me'.

Excellent post that mate, love the way your brain ticks :thumbs: