Lamping X Coursing Dog?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

day dog x lamper, had a few different types of game in her first season all day work.

I bred a litter this way 5 years ago,,, Andy's minshaw. Dog over my coursing bred bitch out of captin,,,   Here's a few pics of them   Venus     With Lucy her litter sister     Andy's

seals mum that was pats bitch kass josh

Posted Images

That's a nice PIC of her con. She's the only other dog I've been out with half coursing half lamping bred and I honestly don't think I could fault her.....

... apart from her pulling like a train and screaming her bollox off when it ain't her run...

• Like 1

I've got a day dog here that's done a fair bit of everything lamping ferreting bushing and although its abit big for rabbits but has never let me down he should be going over a good strong lamp bitch this summer hopefully should end up with a couple of gooduns out that litter.

I have a nice feathered bitch that I'd like to put a well tested bull\grey to I think I'd have something good but as hallways its getting access to good blood and enough genuine people to give pups an honest and fair go. Atb

• Like 1

What way your day dog bred fitchet? I think they're a lot more versatile than people think, my old bitch was sharp as a tack. Real misconception that they are 1 job dogs if entered and trained right they can do a lot more than people think.

• Like 1

That wee hairy dog of yours cracks me up.has it caught any squirrels before? Or is it just rabbits

Not just rabbits on the lamp but Nah never had a squirrel but to be honest he's never had anything in the daytime, I walk them local and there's literally Feck all to go at. I do loads of travelling for lamping. Before I got my other dogs I used to mission up the A2 to meet an old fella in his local woods with his pack of whippets. My little dog used to push plenty of bolters out of the brambles and blackthorn but they never caught one, came pretty close a few times but I could tell from his reactions and the amateurish way his dogs chased the rabbits that they'd never really seen much.

I walked him on some marsh land with my other dogs a couple of months back and he just switched into beagle or spaniel mode which I'd never seen him do. He's usually completely listening to me waiting for a command but this time he just went death to me. Nose to the ground following scents frantically for a whole hour. The only time his head lifted off the floor was when he kicked one up....... I definitely weren't expecting to see anything so me and the dogs were so far away when it happened that he had to run it on his own. Was a funny sight to see a 16 inch dog in the distance yapping his bollox off being straightlined by a big rabbit. Duno how far it took him but the little *#*# didn't come back for half hour and the only time that happens is when hes been after something he shouldn't.

• Like 2

What way your day dog bred fitchet? I think they're a lot more versatile than people think, my old bitch was sharp as a tack. Real misconception that they are 1 job dogs if entered and trained right they can do a lot more than people think.

Not 100% sure was told it was off buddy.wouldn't be without him now though he's saved a blank on many occasions. Atb

I am also on bringing a pup on at the moment. She is 8month, bed/whip coli/gray. Dam proven lamping machine and good coursing dog, Sire proven 3/3 coursing dog. Cant wait for next season to have her running properly. Already looking good on the lamp, steady away for now ??

Would upload pic but bot sure how??

• Like 1