Tam Parker - R.i.p.

It is with deep regret that I have to inform all, that Mr Tam Parker, Vice Chairman of the National Working Terrier Federation, sadly passed away at his home yesterday.

Tam, a dedicated terrier man and stalwart supporter of the true working terrier, through his work in the Scottish Assembly on behalf of the NWTF, played an instrumental role in securing the future of terrier work in Scotland and beyond.

On the legal front, Tam’s clear analytical mind, combined with a lifetime’s experience of the practical side of terrier work resulted in many a bogus terrier related prosecution being exposed for just what it was. In his own words….. “A load of pish !”

Anyone who owns or admires the true working terrier owes Tam a debt of gratitude which they will never be able to repay. At a time when terrier work was under very real threat from a combination of uninformed left wing politicians and wealthy animal rights organisations, it could so easily have gone under. Fortunately there were a small handful of terrier men not prepared to allow that to happen. They put their own personal lives on hold, took themselves out of their natural comfort zone and fought countless battles on very unfamiliar territory…. and they still came out on top.

Tam was one of those men and it’s much to his credit that terrier work in Scotland came out of the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Act with far less restrictions than its own voluntary rules and codes of conduct. Tam will be sadly be missed by all who knew him, and the terrier world has lost a truly great friend. Our thoughts and deepest condolences go to his wife Donna, and daughter Joanna, at this very sad time.

R.I.P. Dear Friend.

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 16

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is with deep regret that I have to inform all, that Mr Tam Parker, Vice Chairman of the National Working Terrier Federation, sadly passed away at his home yesterday. Tam, a dedicated terrier man a

Hi Everyone   This is Joanna Tam's Daughter I would just like to say thank you so very very much for all your kind words, im sure that I will know of every single one of you but obviously without my

Gone away to the mountains and glens Terriers by his side forever his friends RIP TAM

We were'nt the closest of friends but Tam Parker had my respect! He fought tirelessly on behalf of the Scottish terrier lad's against the hunt ban here.

He'll be missed at events and show's, My condolence's to his friends and family RIP Tam.....

• Like 1

I`ve spent many a day at the shows etc having a good old natter with Tam and he was a true gent.

He was always free with his advice and his work with SACS will be remembered.

Both Mandy and My thought are with his family.

• Like 2