A good day.

Guest MOLLY

Up and out early for my first ferreting day of this season, with Woodga and Ratcherman, unfortunately Ratcherman had to go to work at the last minute, gutted he was. He will be even more gutted when i tell him it was lovely hot sunshine and the rabbits were like fleas on a fox :laugh: had an absolutley fabulous day.

Did several small sets, some were easy, some were hard, like trying to dig under a dry stone wall!

Anyway, here are the pics, loads as usual cos i can never make up my mind which ones to leave out :icon_redface: ......

My Ist ferreted rabbit of the season...

1stferreting2007.jpg

1st set, waiting...

1stferreting20071.jpg

Another...

1stferreting200714.jpg

Seems like a nice boy...lol.

1stferreting20072.jpg

Come on dad, hurry up..

1stferreting20073.jpg

No Woodga NEVER falls down hole...photographic proof, it happens every time...

1stferreting20074.jpg

Terra catch in net...

1stferreting20075.jpg

Opposite netting, the holes are netted then the dogs work the rough driving the rabbits back to the holes, leaving me to work like a goal keeper grabbing them before they go to far under...lol.

1stferreting20076.jpg

1stferreting20077.jpg

Loads caught in the rough by Blaze..

1stferreting20078.jpg

What colour undies?

1stferreting200710.jpg

A spade has many uses..

1stferreting200711.jpg

Netted...

1stferreting200712.jpg

A bolter escaped, from the same hole as the above rabbit, before Woodga could get the net back on, it was caught by Terra before it go into the wall...

1stferreting200713.jpg

Cheshire cat, you would think it was his first rabbit, its nice he still feels so thrilled everytime...

1stferreting200715.jpg

1stferreting200716.jpg

Im telling you dad its here...

1stferreting200717.jpg

And here....... What a handsome chap Blaze is...

1stferreting200722.jpg

One of Woodgas 2 hobs we had out, i bred this handsome killing machine last year...

1stferreting20079.jpg

1stferreting200718.jpg

With his pal...

1stferreting200719.jpg

Out of the dry stone wall.....

1stferreting200720.jpg

Bit too eager...lol.

1stferreting200721.jpg

End of day shots with 26 bunnies...

1stferreting200723.jpg

1stferreting200725.jpg

Nells 1st fresh bunny when i got home tonight....

1stferreting200724.jpg

About 6 hours spent in a lovely place, in lovely weather, with lovely company and animals. A damn shame Ratcherman didn't make it....was really gutted for you :yes:

Many, many thanks again Woodga.

MOLL.x.

the forcast looked a bit bleak with heavy rain as we started the dive up to the farm moll ever optimistic that the sun would be shining and she was right :notworthy: and a pleasant afternoon we had rabbits every where the two dogs pushing through the cover and as moll said i made her stand near to a set netted up then worked the dogs into the thick to back net the rabbits and the look on her face when they started to hit the nets will stay with me forever pure shock :laugh: this ground has some stunning views and the rabbits are well established so their will be a few more good days ahead no mxyi anywhere, pleasant company and some sport made the day moll you know your allways welcome :thumbs:

Edited by woodga

yes and just like a bloody woman to have the camera ready to catch the fall so every one can see it :icon_redface:

i never mentioned the fact she nearly walked into a stream the water just short of her wellie tops now that would have been funny she got a bit of a shock as she dived backwards to stop sinking :D