Tikka T3 Camo Or Browning A Or X Bolt

Thinking of buying one of these and resigning my M595 to a night sight dedicated rifle. Anyone got any feed back any of these rifles or know of any deals? Looking for stainless barrel.

Locally I can get an A bolt for around £550 and the x bolt is another £150. The T3 is dearer again.

They are all good rifles. Browning will have a heavy trigger. I had an xbolt and couldn't get it below 3.5ibs.

If you are ok with that then it will be fine.

The x bolt has a nice button on the side so you can take the bolt out without taking the safety off.

The tikka has a nice adjustable trigger.

The A bolt is the old design.

Really they should all be accurate. Just spend the time finding the one bullet that makes them as accurate as an accurate thing could be. Look at the twist rates as that will determine the bullet weight.

Well check you can live with the trigger. I had a problem because for me 1.9lbs is spot on so the xbolt at 3.5 was too heavy and I would wobble a lot. Personally I couldn't live with that, that is my only complaint. Other than that it was a lovely rifle. If you are ok with the trigger then you are good to go but check that he is including the things you clamp the scope mounts on the rifle too because if they are extra then that could be another 50 quid.

Hi:

I've got an A Bolt in .270Win, I fitted a Timney spring in mine, much better (and cheap enough).

Also have a Heym a Ruger and a Sako, couldn't choose between them really as they are for

different jobs.

But my Browning is a 'keeper'.

AndyF