Ronnie Biggs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a criminal is down to perspective in my opinion. tony blair has f****d over more people than ronnie biggs, hes destroyed more families, and killed more people. not quite a gun to their head but he def

Frann won't be happy he missed this death .........

One thing's for sure he enjoyed his life and didn't give a feck   You have to crank it up   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk1osVnYt0s

I can't believe that some hold him in reverence or with affection.......................

He was involved in a robbery that saw two men violently assaulted and traumatised, never showing any remorse for being involved, though he was happy to be portrayed as the 'Mr Big'.

The gang planted evidence on an innocent man, Billy Bowles, who died in prison as a result.

He used legal loopholes and technicalities to evade punishment for 35 years, living the 'high life' and mocking the law in the process.

He snubbed his nose at decent, law-abiding people and their values.

When the money and celebrity interviews eventually ran out, he came skulking back here, with his tail between his legs, because he wanted the British taxpayer to pay for his healthcare! Still not showing the slightest remorse !

A common thief at best - at worst a coward, afraid to serve his sentence.

Loveable rogue? Folk hero? Don't make me laugh..................

All very true............but we love it......its human nature.......I take it, all the people being so judgemental.....would never watch films such as 'goodfellas', 'the godfather' etc etc, all based on fact, but we as humans love to watch.......we can't get enough of it!!..........he never claimed to be morally pure... ...but we all read the story, like we are doing now.

I don't love the fact that a common criminal is given time on the national news and lauded as someone to look up to.

And never showed any remorse, so he is not worthy of forgiveness

Don't think he ever asked for forgiveness................it's all the same as glorifying any high profile crimes......we do it all the time........only sometimes we justify it by saying 'they only harm their own kind' lol

Edited by Accip74

I can't believe that some hold him in reverence or with affection.......................

He was involved in a robbery that saw two men violently assaulted and traumatised, never showing any remorse for being involved, though he was happy to be portrayed as the 'Mr Big'.

The gang planted evidence on an innocent man, Billy Bowles, who died in prison as a result.

He used legal loopholes and technicalities to evade punishment for 35 years, living the 'high life' and mocking the law in the process.

When the money and celebrity interviews eventually ran out, he came skulking back here, with his tail between his legs, because he wanted the British taxpayer to pay for his healthcare! Still not showing the slightest remorse !

All very true............but we love it......its human nature.......I take it, all the people being so judgemental.....would never watch films such as 'goodfellas', 'the godfather' etc etc, all based on fact, but we as humans love to watch.......we can't get enough of it!!..........he never claimed to be morally pure... ...but we all read the story, like we are doing now.

I don't love the fact that a common criminal is given time on the national news and lauded as someone to look up to.

mandelas been on all week lol

Don't think he ever asked for forgiveness................it's all the same as glorifying any high profile crimes......we do it all the time........only sometimes we justify it by saying 'they only harm their own kind' lol

You might glorify criminals - I don't!

I'm sticking to my guns - a common thief, the lowest order of life.

As far as I'm concerned, end of.............

mandelas been on all week lol

Lol......I've managed to avoid all of it.......just switch channel & don't read the paper........No Mandela in my world!

Good for you mate.....I admire your stoicism............I personally love a good mafia film, don't you?

Just to add.....I do kinda agree with you........but I like to see it from both sides :-)