Basic Reloading Setup Or Ppu Ammo

I can get ppu 45gr sp's for £50.30 for 100.

If I buy basic reloading gear and reload I could do 100 reloads for around £36-38. But the gear for the job is a minimum of £100 ( manual, lee classic loader, scales, calipers, case cleaners, trickler etc)

The reloading is a great option, but is it the best option. As I'm not interested in buying fancy loading presses etc.

Can I get factory comparable ammo from the lee classic loader?

Agree I could not believe the difference between factory ammo and homeloads, must admit a lot of trial and error but now I think I have cracked it also the oal of factory bullets varies a bit whereas I can

Get them all pretty close

And shot my first fox the other night with a homeload after a lot of confidence building target shooting lol

I have the lee hand loader aswell what is the crimp die? Whats the difference between that and the one in the kit?

No Slipper the hand PRESS kit as apposed to the Lee hand loader, you screw dies in just like any press, its hand held rather than being on a bench, brilliant, the factory crimp die does what it says on the tin, it applies a factory type crimp to the bullet, it does not need a cannelure on the bullet, and the beauty of these is your seating depth is not so critical, as the crimp applies the same consistent starting pressure to all your rounds, I cant recommend them enough, my reloads were accurate before I got one,but using one tightened them up even more, ragged one hole groups @100 yards, thats in .243, and if you reload a hornet I would now say they are essential to accurate, consistent ammo, along with the Lee universal case flaring die, which applies a gentle flare to the case mouth to help the bullet seat with minimum runout.

Edited by charlie caller

It does mate, indeed it does, ppu brass is quite thick, but decent, so you will probably find you could work a load up with say federal brass for instance, and then work the same load up with ppu, and it will be over pressure, but of course you will start low and work up, but nothing wrong with ppu brass at all mate, I would neck size only and if your charges are not too hot you will probably get 8-10 reloads out of a case.