Necessary Hunting Equipment

Hey guys!

I've recently started small game hunting with a .22 calibre rifle whilst I await my gun certificate approval.

I'm currently building my hunting equipment and attire. My general game include squirrels, pigeons, magpies, pigeons and rabbits- does anyone have any must have hunting essentials for the field?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys!

I've recently started small game hunting with a .22 calibre rifle whilst I await my gun certificate approval.

I'm currently building my hunting equipment and attire. My general game include squirrels, pigeons, magpies, pigeons and rabbits- does anyone have any must have hunting essentials for the field?

Thanks in advance!

pellets :laugh:

Hey guys!

Thanks in advance!

pellets :laugh:

I knew you'd come out with a 'dry' one lol :laugh::thumbs:

A good and sharp little knife. Which knife is subject to much discussion!! I use a No.6 Opinel, needs a few quick runs on a steel regularly to keep dead sharp but that's hardly a chore. It'll take a lovely edge and cheap as chips, so if I lose it it's no biggie.

Good luck and don't forget to post your adventures!

Jim

• Like 2

Apart from the obvious lol.

I agree with good clothing. Don't scrimp.

A good sharp knife and a game bag or game carrier.

There's no need to carry loads of unnecessary gear.

That you will understand clearly if your carrying a big bag of rabbits back to the motor.

The rest, if you need anything else you will pick up as you go along.

I bought a very nice Soc blade a couple of days ago. Just awaiting my knife sharpener, game bag and decoys to arrive.

I've also ordered a DeerHunter Recon jacket with the Optifade camouflage. Does anyone have any reviews on this type of camo? Oh, and I already have some Moleskin trousers and boots!

Thanks for the replies- it's much appreciated!

full list?

50 yard tape measure

plumb bob

small tiney spirit leval

set of allen keys for gun/scope(screwdriver etc that fits right)

and chrono..

thats to set up

to shoot..gun/ammo...(to support the dry humour lol)

jacket troos and foot wear..e.g. you will get wet at some point, you will freeze yu nads of at some point, not if, WILL (breathable layer and or tarp for emency dry spot/warm up

gloves..

heres a big arsed tip..never use wwash pouder for the shooting gear, its bad enough your hands and face being daglo bright to woodies and other creatures because of it.. shower gel unsented, reall unsented soap, etc..anything non 'whiter than white itself' or smelier than brute for men lol.

for the car...

spare battery in the boot with hobby charger, light for 'from the car'.

lamping gear, filters too

nv stuff..

flask/kettle that runs off the 12v, hey go fu gold a cooler/heater is very nice with food in it. (as said above after a few hours cold n wet tiered it does finish the day off nicely).

hmmm and a mobile..

last but not least a bag to put it all in lol.(or the saintly '2wwhat no pockets in the coat??' avoided.)

then a ghillie suit or hide kit, ropes axes bill hooks gutting knive..

nekid ladies to warm your hands..ahhh i digress

edit..missed out on the water bottle, the big enough to wash yu hands and dish's after the stove was used for realllly fresh tucker lol.

AND the god of all gods...gaffer tape.

Edited by ghillies

the most important piece of kit that nobody should step outside without is toilet roll :yes: i kid you not, trust me if you forget it and it happens you have need of it, one way or another you will end up in shite :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ohhh sheeesh yes..shhhh wet wipes are a mutch fresher 1 or two wipes done lol...much less of a white heapa doody mine in the leaves too..

sorry, another edit ... unless of course you can garentee a dry bum delivery every time and go for the wild man after effects in yu grundies, the missis will love for it all the more, if not just tell her straight, 'when the skid gets to 9 inch its an indicasion thats its time to change back to the other pair of grundies heheheh )presuming most blokes own two pair? yeh i know..posh but there yu go)

yu have to admit..sitting in that hot spot, cumfy as it is that little itchy moment down n beyond the sun shine line does just peee one off does it not..euwww clags bluddy things..

Edited by ghillies

cracks chaffs n chaffs...2-3 days in, then it rains, yu dry kits over there, wayyy over there and things go a bit pooey scented, the claggy but developes a sort mysticle 'hummm' both of scent and sensasion, just before the nappy rash thing starts, then the night fall brings crunch crisp frost over on yu boots and through your socks.. as if your iced hands, frosted beird n icicled snot drop wasnt enough you got bum rash with added 'spiket members' partying like theyre at a rave.. just what yu need to get to get a good nights kip..

the car smell wanderfull after the drive home too...

go on.. some body say it it...

i'm talking shit..hehehehe

the most important piece of kit that nobody should step outside without is toilet roll :yes: i kid you not, trust me if you forget it and it happens you have need of it, one way or another you will end up in shite :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ohhh sheeesh yes..shhhh wet wipes are a mutch fresher 1 or two wipes done lol...much less of a white heapa doody mine in the leaves too..

sorry, another edit ... unless of course you can garentee a dry bum delivery every time and go for the wild man after effects in yu grundies, the missis will love for it all the more, if not just tell her straight, 'when the skid gets to 9 inch its an indicasion thats its time to change back to the other pair of grundies heheheh )presuming most blokes own two pair? yeh i know..posh but there yu go)

yu have to admit..sitting in that hot spot, cumfy as it is that little itchy moment down n beyond the sun shine line does just peee one off does it not..euwww clags bluddy things..

having to cut your shreddies off whilst crouching in your wellies is never a good look :laugh:

hahahah!! yeh but does it make my bum look fat?? hahaha

having to cut your shreddies off whilst crouching in your wellies is never a good look :laugh:

yeh but does it make my bum look fat?? hahahaha

Edited by ghillies