F.a.o Whippet Owners

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whippets,..Peds or Non-Peds,.are fabulous wee hunters,...and it is their amazing innate,.prey drive,. that makes them so dynamic and mind blowingly impressive...I've seen whippets catch rabbits,. that

I've seen a few run and owned one too. Some of you know that he had to be pts last year due to a brain tumour at 2 1/2. I really like their temperament, prey drive and acceleration. I think they're tr

Aye a good lurcher may well beat a good whippet in many tasks. But a good whippet will beat an average lurcher lol. Seen plenty of lurchers my whippet would make look stupid. But they're two different things , so why try to make one out to be 'better'.?

• Like 2

Aye a good lurcher may well beat a good whippet in many tasks. But a good whippet will beat an average lurcher lol. Seen plenty of lurchers my whippet would make look stupid. But they're two different things , so why try to make one out to be 'better'.?

:D

Fragile-Please-handle-with-care.jpg

• Like 7

piss off ya cheeky fecker ive been led to believe a whippet would be like a horse to you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

piss off ya cheeky fecker ive been led to believe a whippet would be like a horse to you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Haha you cheeky barsteward............more like a large pony !! :laugh:

• Like 1

There aren't many failures in whippets. The vast majority will end up good rabbit dogs. The same cannot be said for lurcher litters. There's usually a lot of litter wastage.

There's not many failures in greyhounds either, probably a few more than whippets.

So here's a thought. As soon as you add non whippet or non greyhound blood you get a lot of poor lurchers,

If only somebody would come up with a strain of tallish well jacketed lurchers that would throw as true and honest as whippets then there wouldn't be any need for this section of THL. No more discussion needed. :yes:

Edited by jukel123