what to put on cuts and bruises

stubby

so, all my ferts live together in a court, one of the young hobs had scab like patch between his shoulder blades, so took him to a vets, who gave him an anti biotic injection and some anti biotic liquid for me to squirt down his mouth and some cream for the scab, she didnt seem to know naff all bout ferrets and was more worried of him biting her, which i assured her he would'ent, anyway stiffed me for £35

today ive noticed another of the young hobs with the same patch, so im thinking that maybe buster (the dad) is showing his dominance or play fights are turning a bit rougher,

im not gonna start splitting them up, as i feel they will sort out the pack levels, but dont wanna keep going vets when this small amount of cream runs out..

so what do others use in these positions, if they arise

something that can be bought over the counter

so, all my ferts live together in a court, one of the young hobs had scab like patch between his shoulder blades, so took him to a vets, who gave him an anti biotic injection and some anti biotic liquid for me to squirt down his mouth and some cream for the scab, she didnt seem to know naff all bout ferrets and was more worried of him biting her, which i assured her he would'ent, anyway stiffed me for £35

today ive noticed another of the young hobs with the same patch, so im thinking that maybe buster (the dad) is showing his dominance or play fights are turning a bit rougher,

im not gonna start splitting them up, as i feel they will sort out the pack levels, but dont wanna keep going vets when this small amount of cream runs out..

the patches are where hobs are mounting each other,ferret produce the largest amount of lysol (antiseptic) in their spittle of all mammals,so they should heal okay

plain mild soap and water does it for me, and if it starts looking red or anything try a lil hydrogen peroxide ( NO not the hair dye stuff ) its mild but effective, it will bubble away any bacteria and germ growing proteins and make it easier to heal.

plain mild soap and water does it for me, and if it starts looking red or anything try a lil hydrogen peroxide ( NO not the hair dye stuff ) its mild but effective, it will bubble away any bacteria and germ growing proteins and make it easier to heal.

Milton is also good for other than ferret inflicted wounds
Guest Ditch_Shitter

You sitting comfortably. Stubbs? I hope so, cos here it comes mate. And ye can accept this one or swear at me. Entirely up to you. But it's what Professional Greyhound Trainers have always known and used on Dogs who've taken a knock. Indeed, I remember, as a kiddie, asking my Dad what was in all these half filled milk bottles he had knocking around the kennels.

In so many words, he explained. It was since explained to me, in plainer language, by a retired Head Kennelman when I was myself an adult: Your piss.

More (Most) particularly; Ye first piss of the morning. After a good nights kip. So, when ye wake up and head for the loo, take a suitable recepticle with ye and save that 'Precious Bodily Fluid'. It doesn't seem to matter what ye do with it next. Leave it on a shelf in the shed labled " Daddies Lemonade ~ Do Not Drink ", perhaps?

But That, so the generations of Dog Men have passed down, is the finest thing for those nasty little knocks which occur in the day to day lives of our working animals ;)

Ye might want to hand that white coat a bottle too, eh? Label that one " Liebframilch ", and try not to crack up as she gratefully accepts! :laugh:

thanks for all the advice guys, put my mind at rest over the scabs as well, on watching this morning they are trying it on like rabbits :laugh:

D.S thanks for your words mate, dont know if ill start collecting just yet, but always take your replies as being good advice, they should give you a section of your own, cos others like myself enjoy reading your advice/stories from the past :signthankspin:

got exactley the same thing with my 3 ferts , at first i thought it was mites or fleas , so treated them for it , but the scabs ( one each behind the shoulder blades ) are still there .

so after watching them a bit longer relised or think that they are from over aggressive play .

so i now use sudacrem which is mild antiseptic along with a barrier effect , seems to be working , i will have to split them eventually , but dont want to yet .