• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are light, pointable, a joy to shoot and usually incredibly accurate. There are loads of these about still, which shows they are a decent tool, and helped develop the CZ brand in the UK.   Fit

Hi Shropshire Dan   You mentioned Winchester Subs.   Don't make the mistake of buying loads of them. Just because they work well in one gun it does not mean they will work well in yours. They pr

Didn't get any mate. Got some pigeoms magpies crows and a hare. Osca retreived them all. The brno is going to brock & norris for the work on the barrel £90 happy days. Get the rifle on the 16th when I get it ill give you a shout and we will go out. You can give me some more pointers ;)

Just what I wanted to hear mate.

Ill also be using winchester subs as reviews show that these are really good. Half inch at 65-70 Yards ill be happy with. Do you use a bipod? On yours if so was it easy to fit?

Atb

Dan

I do use a bipod, but only because it arrived with it. Thinking about a shooting stick. Makes back stops much easier to come by if you're off the floor etc.

The BRNO Mod2 deserves it's fine reputation, I had one from new for over 15 years and it was exceptionally accurate

and never once had any sort of problem ever.

I only traded it when I bought a Sako because I didn't think 'they' would let me have two. (I know better now but it's too late).

Getting the barrel cut down is a good idea, 16" is plenty 14" is short enough, also a 'brooks' trigger kit (or the many clones)

will further improve an already top hole rifle.

My Sako Finnfire Varmint 16" is very good, but it is honestly no better than the Mod2, and it is heavier.

AndyF

They are light, pointable, a joy to shoot and usually incredibly accurate. There are loads of these about still, which shows they are a decent tool, and helped develop the CZ brand in the UK.

Fit is always important, but as a .22lr you should not have any much trouble adjusting to the gun, and if it becomes an issue, there are numerous methods of adjusting the gun to you! :thumbs:

• Like 1

The BRNO Mod2 deserves it's fine reputation, I had one from new for over 15 years and it was exceptionally accurate

and never once had any sort of problem ever.

I only traded it when I bought a Sako because I didn't think 'they' would let me have two. (I know better now but it's too late).

Getting the barrel cut down is a good idea, 16" is plenty 14" is short enough, also a 'brooks' trigger kit (or the many clones)

will further improve an already top hole rifle.

My Sako Finnfire Varmint 16" is very good, but it is honestly no better than the Mod2, and it is heavier.

AndyF

Are the trigger kits easy enough to fit? I'm still polishing up on my brno (have added a scope mounted lamp and sling) but always wondered about how much difference the triggers really make. Surely a "light" or even one stage trigger can cause you to fire early occassionally? Would have to fit one and see if I like it tbh.

Hi Shropshire Dan

You mentioned Winchester Subs.

Don't make the mistake of buying loads of them. Just because they work well in one gun it does not mean they will work well in yours. They probably will but don't make assumptions.

Buy a box of 50 each of whatever your dealer keeps in stock and try them out on targets at 50 yards to see which gives the tightest group. It does not matter where the fall on the target, you are looking for a tight group. Having tested the ammo and made a choice, stock up on that one and set your zero and you are away.

Too many people walk away from their dealer with a 500 round "bargain" only to find that it does not suit their gun. Even two seemingly identical rifles will shoot the same make of bullet differently.

Happy shooting, you have made a good choice.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys. I do intend on testing a variety of subsonic rounds ie lapua,eley,cci,rws and winchesters. It has been fitted with a upgraded trigger but of unknown make. The plan is to have it cut to 16" and their is a sak mod on it which I think is 4" so that will do for the barrel. As for the low comb I'm sure ill get used to it if not I'm thinking of trying a stock bag with mag pockets and failing that a comb raiser. Thanks for all your advice and I'm a lot more confident with my choice of rifle now thanks again

Atb

Dan

The 'Brooks' type trigger kit is easy to fit yourself, but only if your a bit handy and have some tools.

If your the type of guy who stands behind the crash barrier with your hazards on waiting for a AA

cos you can't change the wheel on your car then it's not for you!

I used the lightest spring and the second thickest bush on my old 17hmr American, it was so much

lighter and with virtually no 'slack' in the first stage, very much better than 'factory'.

Any gun shop will do this for you for a few ££, but they will probably go on the 'heavy' side for their own

peace of mind, if your getting the barrel cut down then get the trigger done at the same time.

AndyF