Vasectomized versus Speying

''thats bollox (excuse the pun) where did you get the figure 75% of vasectomy's revers themselves??''

Well to be honest it's no exactly a pun is it? nor the correct spelling for that matter.

I'm sorry a slip of the pen so to speak I meant 70%

Can't exactly find where I found the info but if you check the NFWS you will find some interesting stuff.

As for Jill jabs well there is no medical evidence to suggest that is does any harm. My vet tells me that if you look at it speying is probably more cost effective in the long run.

''thats bollox (excuse the pun) where did you get the figure 75% of vasectomy's revers themselves??''

Well to be honest it's no exactly a pun is it? nor the correct spelling for that matter.

Can't exactly find where I found the info but if you check the NFWS you will find some interesting stuff.

As for Jill jabs well there is no medical evidence to suggest that is does any harm. My vet tells me that if you look at it speying is probably more cost effective in the long run.

sorry not the correct spelling a slip of the pen so to speak also, BOLLOCKS , there much better

I know lots of ferreters, i mean lots, and the vast majority use hoblets, (vasectomised hobs)

Regarding 70 or 75% of vasectomy's reversing themselves

To quote Homer Simpson "you can get statistics to say whatever you want, 85% of people know that" 8)

None of my jaffa's have ever made a jill pregnant, I must be in the 30% then... :laugh: Done right it is at least 99% effective imo.. :thumbs:

If you jab your jills every year it can and does cause problems with their health...fact!

If you don't bring your jills out of season it can cause health problems such as aplastic anemia and shorten their life...fact!

Had my hob done as soon as he was mature. He service the 2 jills the following spring and a short while later i had 2 litters :blink:

So back to the vets to be re-vasectomised, they removed one testicle as the scar tissue made it impossible to do.

The following spring he serviced 3 jills and a short while later i had 3 litters :wallbash:

So 'golden balls' as he was nick named, now has none whatsoever...lets see what happens next year :laugh:

I also had the jills speyed, my vet did not recommend continuous use of the jab.

MOLL.

personally,if you have the time and patience for your ferrets,you would separate the hob and only put him with jills @breeding time,vets are a last resort either because you can't be bothered with separating them or because they all live together in the same hutch.It's usually best practise to keep all

same sex ferrets together and introduce males when the need to breed arises,so mostly it's a case of keeping the sexes apart,vets are there for illnesses,why spend extra money on castrating/speying/neutering when all you really have to do is separate them into males and females

and house them accordingly,remember once you have the males 'doctored' and the time comes when you want to breed from him,then it's usually a lost cause!Separate them in the long run,it's a cheaper process,the price of an extra cage?

Higgins.

not to sound funny but do you know anything about ferrets????? no matter if there seperated the jills still come into season and still need bringing out.and if you dont wants litters then a snipped hob dose it

personally,if you have the time and patience for your ferrets,you would separate the hob and only put him with jills @breeding time,vets are a last resort either because you can't be bothered with separating them or because they all live together in the same hutch.It's usually best practise to keep all

same sex ferrets together and introduce males when the need to breed arises,so mostly it's a case of keeping the sexes apart,vets are there for illnesses,why spend extra money on castrating/speying/neutering when all you really have to do is separate them into males and females

and house them accordingly,remember once you have the males 'doctored' and the time comes when you want to breed from him,then it's usually a lost cause!Separate them in the long run,it's a cheaper process,the price of an extra cage?

Higgins.

not to sound funny but do you know anything about ferrets????? no matter if there seperated the jills still come into season and still need bringing out.and if you dont wants litters then a snipped hob dose it

Bully

i thought similar :whistling:

:thumbs: