Ultrafire 18650 Batteries, Different Mah Values.

So, I'm no sparky, I have a pair of 3000mAh batteries for my ultrafire lamp and they are great for about 30 mins before they dim. I have looked on line and seen you can get 4000, 5000, 5300mAh batteries which I assume are going to give me a little more juice.

HOWEVER, I have also read that buying anything from China is a giggle at the best of times, sooooo...

Are you using the 18650 batteries?

Have you tried different mAh ratings and did it make a difference?

Have you bought any of sleezebay from China and were they any good?

Has anyone EVER got 3000 hours from am mAh battery? LOL

Or do I sit on my arse and wait for summer?

Cheers

Dismiss the mah ratings on the cheaper chinese batterys,,, most are very poorly made

pay a bit extra and buy AW protected batterys, or similair...

no way will i risk frying expensive torches etc with unprotected batterys

3000maH doesn't mean it'll power a torch for 3000hours! It means (in theory at least) it will power something that has a 1milliamp draw for 3000hours. A cree LED torch will draw a hell of a lot more than 1milliamp so subsequently the run time is reduced accordingly. Some 18650 batteries from China can be fakes and poor quality apparently. Although I've bought the black and red ultrafire cells (2800maH I think) from China before and tested them when they arrived, they charged well and held charge properly and run my Cree torches for 3 or 4 hours of intermittent useage.

Jim

All the cheap 18650 batterys which say 4000 5000 are not real the highest guaranteed mah 18650 is a Panasonic based 18650.

All the ultra fire batterys are bollocks there are only a few really good 18650 batterys

Xtar

Keepower

Sanyo

Panasonic etc

These batteries will last several times longer than the other cheap brands yes there way more expensive but buy junk expect junk.

A pair of xtar or Keepower will set you back £20 for 2 but are worth it all day long

In my crelant torch the so called 4000mah batteries last 15mins before cutting off the xtar and keepower last around 2 hours.

I had 12 different makes of 18650 bats and after trying the Panasonic based bats I dumped them In the bin no joke.

Edited by GEOFF.223
  • Like 1

All the cheap 18650 batterys which say 4000 5000 are not real the highest guaranteed mah 18650 is a Panasonic based 18650.

All the ultra fire batterys are bollocks there are only a few really good 18650 batterys

Xtar

Keepower

Sanyo

Panasonic etc

These batteries will last several times longer than the other cheap brands yes there way more expensive but buy junk expect junk.

A pair of xtar or Keepower will set you back £20 for 2 but are worth it all day long

In my crelant torch the so called 4000mah batteries last 15mins before cutting off the xtar and keepower last around 2 hours.

I had 12 different makes of 18650 bats and after trying the Panasonic based bats I dumped them In the bin no joke.

take a look whats inside debans expensive lithium packs :whistling:

post-896-0-30509800-1385751278.jpg

Xtar

Keepower

Sanyo

Panasonic etc

take a look whats inside debans expensive lithium packs :whistling:
the puple bats are sanyo 2nd best 18650 bats u can get

can these batterys be bought in maplins etc or can someone give me a heads up where to buy decent ones, don't mind paying the extra

just don't want to f*ck my ir up

Ebay there are a few uk seller costs a bit more but u will get them much sooner

my photon has arrived at the shop so wont be long now ..............