Addition To My Border Team

Nice mate, what line are they? I like the blue and tans and will have one one day as using the grizzles when beating cover for foxes to the guns throws you sometimes. when a grizzle jumps out the cover you raise the gun for that split second haha!!

Edited by obi2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my new addition, I'm keeping the small bitch. bred from my own dogs for my own use. I use the mother for digging flushing ratting and beating. The sire I use for the same apart from digging and

Nice strong looking pups dude. Here's mine which are 3 weeks older. I've kept the blue bitch & my son has got the blue dog. All the best with your little bitch.

nice pups, both litters, i keep and work 3 borders all grizzle, have to say you do need to be careful, i put fluresent collars on,so they are seen, and your right,borders are very flexible in their work,mine do allsorts,if they did,nt there would,nt be enough work and to me these days thats what counts, flush to the gun,earthwork,ratting,etc,hope your pups do you proud,and stuff the nay sayers,atb dd.

• Like 2

Obi2, the bitch i had from my local hunt kennels. They had 4 Borders in service, and well worked. The sire is Oxcroft. Mostly bushing done these days but both parents are up for a charlie or two. I havn't got much in the way of digging done for the last year or so, so like desertdog says they must be flexible or i wouldn't have much to do. If the 2 pups i've kept back are as keen as their parents i'll be well chuffed. I didn't have much of a choice with the pups as only 1 of the bitches survived. The little weedy one only lasted a few hours, she was a blue n tan aswell. Shame but shit happens. The bitch i kept always looked the strongest of all the pups so i think i may be lucky and got a good un.

This is the dam & sire.

2013-05-15180804-1_zpsafe92998.jpg

:thumbs:

Edited by Birchdown

Obi2, the bitch i had from my local hunt kennels. They had 4 Borders in service, and well worked. The sire is Oxcroft. Mostly bushing done these days but both parents are up for a charlie or two. I havn't got much in the way of digging done for the last year or so, so like desertdog says they must be flexible or i wouldn't have much to do. If the 2 pups i've kept back are as keen as their parents i'll be well chuffed. I didn't have much of a choice with the pups as only 1 of the bitches survived. The little weedy one only lasted a few hours, she was a blue n tan aswell. Shame but shit happens. The bitch i kept always looked the strongest of all the pups so i think i may be lucky and got a good un.

This is the dam & sire.

2013-05-15180804-1_zpsafe92998.jpg

:thumbs:

Very tidy dogs mate, my dog and 1 of my bitches are oxcroft. Good little workers, she's the best dog iv owned to date and u hope this pup takes after her.

He's the second one i've had off Jack and many moons ago i took up a bitch for a mating with Rogue and kept a blue n tan dog pup. I know some don't rate them but Oxcroft certainly have plenty of spirit and they do ok for me.

DSC00280_zpsf7561034.jpg

This was my little Oxcroft bitch. Heart of a lion and no reverse gear.

• Like 1

We should keep this thread going birchdown with updates on how our pups are turning out at the different stages between them, Hopefully all turn out to be good working dogs.

Edited by obi2
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...