Addition To My Border Team

Theres a big difference between patts & borders though, very few keep working borders but patts on the other hand. Doesn't make a difference what breed they are below if they haven't the heart. I agree with the lad who suggested keeping a couple to run on

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my new addition, I'm keeping the small bitch. bred from my own dogs for my own use. I use the mother for digging flushing ratting and beating. The sire I use for the same apart from digging and

Nice strong looking pups dude. Here's mine which are 3 weeks older. I've kept the blue bitch & my son has got the blue dog. All the best with your little bitch.

I think she might be a bit to small for the digging side mate.why don't you hold onto her and a bigger 1 and just keep her for ratting or a pet home mate.

loada shit. Some small dogs the size of chiuawas (spelling) will work an inch away from fox without getting a mark. And some runts like that turn out big dogs. Ive had one before, made 14inch

We will see what happens then seams you no ya stuff then.but I think I no what's coming when its 18mths old and kept in the house in front of the fire.see it loads of times with borders from good stuff to.

What im saying is you cant right of a pup at that Age. It could turn out big like what happened with me. Or it could turn out to be tiny and work fox like a dream, or it might not work. But to right the dog off now is stupid. Some runts make good dogs, just some dont take em on.

I've had borders for over 20 yrs mate and see loads born that size and never turn out the average size required,but they still had the heart of a lion but it will never hold up in a stop end and if you get a pushy fox it will be straight over it.just my experience but you are untitled to you oppinion mate.

I think she might be a bit to small for the digging side mate.why don't you hold onto her and a bigger 1 and just keep her for ratting or a pet home mate.

loada shit. Some small dogs the size of chiuawas (spelling) will work an inch away from fox without getting a mark. And some runts like that turn out big dogs. Ive had one before, made 14inch
We will see what happens then seams you no ya stuff then.but I think I no what's coming when its 18mths old and kept in the house in front of the fire.see it loads of times with borders from good stuff to.
If it doesn't make the grade for digging then there will be another use for it. The good thing about borders is there not one trick ponies! But it won't be no fireside house pet I can assure you!

If it doesn't make the grade for digging then there will be another use for it. The good thing about borders is there not one trick ponies! But it won't be no fireside house pet I can assure you!
doesnt make a difference if it was, putting it in a kennel doesnt make it work to ground.

doesnt make a difference if it was, putting it in a kennel doesnt make it work to ground.
You've lost me? What do you mean?

I got that bit, where are you getting that from tho. Where did anyone say it will stay outside and be a digging dog? I said if it doesn't make a digging dog it won't be wasted lying next to a fire everyday. It will be out ferreting, flushing or doing something.

I got that bit, where are you getting that from tho. Where did anyone say it will stay outside and be a digging dog? I said if it doesn't make a digging dog it won't be wasted lying next to a fire everyday. It will be out ferreting, flushing or doing something.

There's always another use for it mate,so I hope you get what you want out of it and it won't be wasted atb with what ever you decide mate.

Its alright these dogs who dont make it as earth dogs being used elswhere but they can find there way into proper working blood if your not careful and set it back years. If they dont go to ground I get rid to pet home or destroy.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Il try get a couple, they don't sit at piece tho ha. The sire that's oxcroft has the same pelt northern lad. I can strip my bitch out by hand in a couple of hours but I don't even attempt to do his.