Shotgun Certificate At My Age

hi im 15years old and i am wanting to apply for my shotgun licence i would be using it to shoot clays and have more than enough land to shoot vermin on which is the main resson i want one. but ! ive heard that at 15 years old you can use a shotgun on private land without supervision and that you can receive a shotgun as a gift (im not sure thats true though) and i i was to have a shotgun i wouldnt be able to buy cartgridges . could someone lease explain the rules as you hear diffrent ones all the time. also how long doseit take to come through, and do you get an intervie before a decision is made ? thanks,jack

hi im 15years old and i am wanting to apply for my shotgun licence i would be using it to shoot clays and have more than enough land to shoot vermin on which is the main resson i want one. but ! ive heard that at 15 years old you can use a shotgun on private land without supervision and that you can receive a shotgun as a gift (im not sure thats true though) and i i was to have a shotgun i wouldnt be able to buy cartgridges . could someone lease explain the rules as you hear diffrent ones all the time. also how long doseit take to come through, and do you get an intervie before a decision is made ? thanks,jack

any age for a sgc,you can have one as a gift,you cant buy carts,and you must have some one over 21 to go with you.till your 18

• Like 2

any age for a sgc,you can have one as a gift,you cant buy carts,and you must have some one over 21 to go with you.till your 18

thanks mate, although a man at the gun club who works at the firearms department who i cant eto catch hold of latley said 15 and your fine to shoot unsupervied on private land with permision :huh:

I rang up BASC the other day, I am 16 and was wondering what i can do with a shotgun, he said I can shoot unsepervised, walk to my permission with gun and ammo as long as gun is in gun slip. I have just applied for my sgc and my dad has as well so he can buy the gun and pass down as a gift then he can keep buying carts and giving them to me. As soon as im 18 i can then ovbiously just buy the carts and gun, i think at 15 you may have to be supervised. just ring basc very good

• Like 1

Im 15 and have had my shotgun certificate for 4 months now. When FEO interviewed me he couldn't of been easier to deal with and received my certificate a week later which i hear is good for the waiting times. He told me that there minimum age is 10 because thats the age of criminal responsibility. He also told me i could do anything a over 18 could do but buy carts or a gun so i could shoot alone too. Hope i helped.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...