Doe Day

Well I went out & got drowned ...never actually went after does although I did see a few , was more intent on getting an injured buck but he was a no show .They seem extra cautious when injured , hopefully I will catch up with him sooner rather than later .Spent the after noon making a rifle rest for the quad .Out in the morning !!

Well I went out & got drowned ...never actually went after does although I did see a few , was more intent on getting an injured buck but he was a no show .They seem extra cautious when injured , hopefully I will catch up with him sooner rather than later .Spent the after noon making a rifle rest for the quad .Out in the morning !!

Interesting you say that, I got a call early Aug for a roe doe that was hit by a car, I've been out many times and seen it but never a safe shot, the farmer txt last night and I had a safe shot and watched her for a bit and although very lame and thin was alive and well so have left her, didn't look like was suffering in my opinion.

Was out at 6 this morning watched several deer and took a couple of doe's thought a lot of thin ones in the group.

Planned for a few weeks to go this afternoon to a farm unfortunately after a call to the owner to inform them my best place was going to be visited he said could I leave for 10 days he has a foal just been born. Blugger.

Owen i'll be surprised if it lasts much longer ,this isn't the one we see , this has the hall marks of a road traffic accident , its back leg is shattered . Watched it for 3 or 4 minutes crossing the road & it was really struggling .Went round to the farmers place & told him where it was he said he would have a look "later" ..Hopefully he does but wouldn't want to stake my life on it ..Will still check later but its a long shot (no pun intended)

I would love to be able to go deer stalking oneday, must be such a rush. Until then I need to figure out how Im going to fit a full fallow in the boot of my punto as we've just been offered one for 3 quid a kilo...However comes unjointed!

Had my first day out on the Does today. Have been a bit stuck for getting out since the start of the season .

Had a hard 12hr shift at it as the weather was minging. Got soaked badly on a crawl up the side of a dyke.

Was a fantastic day. Shot 3 does so the freezer should be full shortly.

Hot shower, woodburner blazing and a glass of Merlot

Bliss

• Like 1

Astral said,

"I would love to be able to go deer stalking oneday, must be such a rush. Until then I need to figure out how Im going to fit a full fallow in the boot of my punto as we've just been offered one for 3 quid a kilo...However comes unjointed!"

This wouldn't be a buck by any chance would it ???

Astral said,

"I would love to be able to go deer stalking oneday, must be such a rush. Until then I need to figure out how Im going to fit a full fallow in the boot of my punto as we've just been offered one for 3 quid a kilo...However comes unjointed!"

This wouldn't be a buck by any chance would it ???

Why ?