Hw100Kt Best Session Yet!

Ayup!! Well 7 squirrels and a woodpigeon isn't bad, could have had loads of woodys if I had been 'after' them, but I decided to concentrate mostly on the squirrels today.

a perfect morning, icy chill to the air and hardly any wind. after working 10pm-8am I wasn't tired so thought if I try sleep im just wasting shooting time! so off I goes with the trust hw100kt .22 :D

so 1 2 and 3 all came within 2 mins ! seen number 2 first but couldn't get a shot so took number 1 with a standing unsupported headshot, then took number 2 out after a quick reload and slightly moving position. 2 shots and two loud thuds as the squirrels hit the deck, in some mad undergrowth, as I was going to try find number 1 I saw number 3 just sitting in a V of a tree and took him with a 'perfect' headshot, and he got stuck in the tree! then I couldn't find the other 2 !! so 3 quick shots all at 28yards should have resulted in 3 for the pot, but it was not to be! this then put a downer on me, and I was going to go home in a sulk! but im glad I didn't! :D

number 4 came shortly after, another 'perfect' standing unsupported shot at 30 yards.. actually got this one! pellet hitting below the eye to the brain ;)

20131030_101915_zpsc8f7b2bb.jpg

number 5 was another unretrievable, a great standing unsupported headshot at 35 yards, it fell into a massive bog and I wasn't going in after it!

number 6 was in the bag after a 38 yard kneeling shot, another 'perfect' brain shot dropped like a rock like the rest of them.

20131030_113151_zps82873ff2.jpg

number 7 , again was unretrievable, another sat in the V of a tree trunk. again, perfect headshot standing unsupported at 24 yards.

the woodpigeon, I was having a rest and a beverage to quench my thirst and it just landed in, 42 yards on the laser, it didn't have a care in the world that I was pointing a gun at it, and down it went with a headshot,

20131030_103014_zps8878e058.jpg

one of the best days ive had for a long time, usually only get 3-4 kills on a good day, so today was excellent in that respect.

20131030_131636_zpsec7cb35e.jpg

and I did miss 2 more shots, a crow and a woody, went for headshots in the blustery wind that had piped up in the early afternoon... and misjudged them both. ah well, we are only human afterall.

p.s. SKoT 2- Bigmac 0 :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::toast:

pics to follow.

One Shot SKoT :victory:

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 5