would you, do you

stubby

there's been a few posts from fert keepers on how they feed feral's to their ferrets,

i've always been of the frame of mind not too, because shooting them is part of my job in pest control on london underground, but once shot, these birds stink something rotten, (all head shots) so its not the guts or something, they just stink, and i suppose im being soft by not wanting to chuck them in the court, but as i havent got a plentiful supply of rabbit, im having to feed raw chicken

so of course my mind has started thinking about the ferals, some weeks i may only get called upon to shoot 10 or less, other weeks 30 or 40

so what do you lads and lasses think;

should i

1,stop being silly and bring them home and feed whole

2, spend an hour or so, cutting the breast meat off, and binning the rest

3, stick by my guns and not feed at all

leave ya answers below

there's been a few posts from fert keepers on how they feed feral's to their ferrets,

i've always been of the frame of mind not too, because shooting them is part of my job in pest control on london underground, but once shot, these birds stink something rotten, (all head shots) so its not the guts or something, they just stink, and i suppose im being soft by not wanting to chuck them in the court, but as i havent got a plentiful supply of rabbit, im having to feed raw chicken

so of course my mind has started thinking about the ferals, some weeks i may only get called upon to shoot 10 or less, other weeks 30 or 40

so what do you lads and lasses think;

should i

1,stop being silly and bring them home and feed whole

2, spend an hour or so, cutting the breast meat off, and binning the rest

3, stick by my guns and not feed at all

leave ya answers below

personally i would not feed them,wild woodys yes,them stinking old things no,catch some rabbits mate.all the best Edited by woodman

Walk 1/2 a mile up the road Stubby........to the roundabout with the pup and traffic lights and there is bunnys coming out your ears pal.........they are taking it out of set aside this year so if may be worth a look over.

I reckon the farmer will want someone to sort them as they will just fecking destroy any crop he puts in :thumbs:

Ive fed feral doo's many times to ferrets with no ill effect but most of these were from farm clearences not urban areas,i think the enviroment where the ferals were being took from should be the deciding factor before being fed :thumbs:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:yes: Gaz has come up with the absololutely pivitol point there. The enviroment they're taken from.

I've shot the odd 'rock dove' in the countryside and fed them without a qualm. I once exterminated a mates entire lost of racers - on his request. Lovely, healthy, corn fed birds. The only problem I found there was that, at that level of pigeons, the damn feathers got everywhere. I hate feathers in my ferrets housing. It simply looks so 'unclean'.

But the sort of things I've seen and killed in inner citys? Hell no! Half of them, up close, look like victims of an oil slick. And ye only have to watch what they'll eat. I wouldn't want that in my ferrets.

Give 'em a miss, Stubb. Just not worth it, mate.

well it looks like most of you are with me on that front then,

I'll just have to learn the art of poaching rabbits from the grass verges and roundabouts, as they are alive with rabbits round here

and im sure there would be some jobsworth telling me it aint allowed

Others have said this, but I feed ferals if they are from around farms etc but if they were from in the middle of town etc I wouldnt. My ferrets ate a feral last night infact, shot in a field. Chucked in the whole thing never gutted it or anything, to no ill effect :thumbs:

Guest craftycarper

have fed ferals to the ferts before, but these are what i call country ferals, they fly with the woodys, wouldn't dare feed them city (london) ones to though dirty smelly disease ridden feckers orrible things i think you would find the local rats cleaner....