What Is Your Longest Shot?

My max kill shot is 44 yards(range finder) in a 15 mph left to right wind, best shot I have done to date as I hit a tuff of dark hair no bigger than a .177 skirt next to the rabbits eye which was exactly what I was aiming for.

Edited by Craig Fosse
  • Like 1

Guys just so you know.

Max is only about 14 years old, I know him and his dad owns a farm that me and Davy are going to shoot on soon.

I know his question will seem strange like a penis measuring question but please take his post as not wanting to cause hassle and as hes just interested.

Sorted.......... :thumbs:

• Like 2

Sorry mate I thought you was one of these idiots , any way mine is 40 yards with a .22 through a polo mint hole with out braking it or 58 yard pigeon in the head both good shots

Edited by villaman
  • Like 2

Thanks lads :thumbs: .

I think the best shots are not always the longest shots.

I find hitting a small target at a modest range (35 to 40 yards) in a wind is far better than hitting a rabbit at a longer distance on a still day.

One of my best shots is a small map pin at 55 yards with my 98 followed by 2 x .22 calibre empty cases 1 after the other on camera with Mawders watching at 55 yards.

Max its best not to talk about your longest vermin shots in a forum buddy, we all will have that magic shot but its best kept to you and your close friends, not on a forum.

Long range targets are much better to talk about.

Edited by zini
  • Like 4

Guys just so you know.

Max is only about 14 years old, I know him and his dad owns a farm that me and Davy are going to shoot on soon.

I know his question will seem strange like a penis measuring question but please take his post as not wanting to cause hassle and as hes just interested.

That explains it, his 92 yards is probably 46. :thumbs:

i've added all the go rong things up, and i now need nappies.....i'm not gettingup today the risk is too extreme, i save on electric though because of the probably factor of a shock.

theres no way i'm going outthe door eather, jeeeezus you want me to shoot past point blank too?????

hehehe 240 issh yard, took three shot to hit a inch pipe horizontal.

kill wize...right over their, dun a 92 yard measured....amoungst others lol, i loner go beyond the 60 mark, well..intensionaly that is lol. (less its feather, and i'm on, the wethers right etc etc etc and i know where its at etc).

Hi guys,

Just wondering what your furthest accurate shot is? Mine is a 92 yards :thumbs:

Hi Max.

On FAC tuned-air, rifles I have a 127 metre shot on a rabbit's head with my .22 HW80 about a year ago and 114 metres onto a rabbit's neck with a .177 FAC-Tuned TX200 I used to own. Really smacked it over hard and dead outright. About the maximum these rifles can shoot with predictable accuracy to.

My best sub-12 ft/lbs shot was an 84-metre headshot on a rabbit with my HW77 .22 a couple of years ago. I'd been pushing it out on beer cans and bottlecaps with my mildots and the rabbit appeared at where I had been previously shooting these items a few days before. Over it went! This is an awesomely accurate underlever spring rifle. As accurate in .22 as most .177 PCPs are. But only in the absolute calm of a windless day :thumbs:

These days, I prefer to rely more than ever on field craft to shoot to closer-rang now. My eyes are not quite as good as they used to be.

• Like 2

Guys just so you know.

That explains it, his 92 yards is probably 46. :thumbs:

Tell my Rangefinder that...

• Like 1