Long Term Relationships Ending !

My 20 year marriage ended 3 years ago , to be honest it was a weight off my shoulders , the last 3 years have been an immense struggle to keep my head above water on my own, but I rather have the daily struggles than live a lie & be unhappy & have to keep faking a smile

Now I am smiling for real , just do whats right for you in your personal circumstances & things will get better :yes:

Secret Is Kay Don't Get Married . . 28yrs & Still Not Married . . I Rush into Fukc All ;) !!

Well I have tried it twice & wont be bothering again :laugh:
Never Say Never Kay . . Now some On Here Know Your Single we May Have a H.L. Wedding :) !!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes!.....Best advice I could give is. Don't bare your soul on THL coz they will rip the piss out of you for sport.   TC

My Opinion Is DON'T HIT THE DRINK . . Cause That Will Cloud Your Judgement WRONGLY . . There Is Light At The End Off The Tunnel Mate , Not Saying This Through Experience As Ive Been With My Mrs 28 yrs

The grass aint always as green as we think it might be !

My 20 year marriage ended 3 years ago , to be honest it was a weight off my shoulders , the last 3 years have been an immense struggle to keep my head above water on my own, but I rather have the daily struggles than live a lie & be unhappy & have to keep faking a smile

Now I am smiling for real , just do whats right for you in your personal circumstances & things will get better :yes:

Secret Is Kay Don't Get Married . . 28yrs & Still Not Married . . I Rush into Fukc All ;) !!
Never Say Never Kay . . Now some On Here Know Your Single we May Have a H.L. Wedding :) !!

Frank I met someone in May after 3 years on my own I was sat cross legged on the floor in amongst the swan shit taking pics & he asked me if i would like a coffee :laugh: , 6 weeks later we moved in , I guess my gut reaction was right , so I have gone with it can honestly say its the best thing to happen to me apart from my kids

I was adamant I would remain single & I sure as hell wasnt having any bloke living with me, I liked my space & freedom to much , how wrong was I :laugh:

• Like 3

Frank I met someone in May after 3 years on my own I was sat cross legged on the floor in amongst the swan shit taking pics & he asked me if i would like a coffee :laugh: , 6 weeks later we moved in , I guess my gut reaction was right , so I have gone with it can honestly say its the best thing to happen to me apart from my kids

I was adamant I would remain single & I sure as hell wasnt having any bloke living with me, I liked my space & freedom to much , how wrong was I :laugh:

Good Things Come To Those Who Waite Kay . . 3rd Time Lucky Hopefully ;)

has anyone ended a long term relationship, and how much does it hurt ? iv been in mine for near on 14 years this january coming, and i cant take no more, ill put an lol but it is'nt funny at all anyone got any experiencenses, or words of wisdom ?

Yes!.....Best advice I could give is. Don't bare your soul on THL coz they will rip the piss out of you for sport.

TC

take no notice of tierce mate and tell us what has happened

The grass aint always as green as we think it might be !

maybe not Gnash, but somtimes things just happen when you aint looked for it. Funny thing you can be real unhappy, and looking at that green grass, and it dont work. But dont look for it and just happens, i think its passed me by now lol, wish i could turn the clock back, but with my mind i have now. :yes:

I must say having seen previous 'relationship advice' type threads in here I'm amazed this has got to 2 pages with only genuine and caring replies! You're warming my cockles THL! Good on you all.

OP- as has been said, life's to short to be miserable. You say you've made your decision, which is good. It'll hurt for sure, but if you're really not in love, then it's the right thing to do for both of you. Most of the pain will probably be in starting new routines, new social circles etc. As humans we're mostly creatures of habit and value the familiar, adjusting will take time and sustained effort, but you'll get there. And you'll be better off for it when you do. Good luck.

Jim

Edited by WoodsmanJim
  • Like 2

After 14 years can I ask what makes you like fall out of love? Being with the person for that long I'd image they become part of you. What sort of thing causes you to fall out of love? Surely as they change as we all do you being with them you don't even see it.

The best way to get over one is to get on another and if that done work try it with another and another and another and so on. :D

But don't stay with someone just for the sake of kids pal it's the biggest mistake you can make I did it with my ex and it was a nightmare. Me and my Missus now has had our fair share of tiffs and I've packed my stuff several times but we've ended up sorting things out.

Do you not think a break away may help, fishing / hunting trip or even just afew days with an old mate or something ?