No matter what has happened they should be done with neglect. I said it the second I heard about the awful case. All this if they don't take the blame of knowing they were wrong they can't get prosecuted is a joke. If they don't know leaving young kids alone is dangerous they should have the others taking off them. Where is the line in this stupid law. Little boy falls on sharp knife the mother gave him to play with, her defense, I didn't think it was dangerous. No worries, you know not to do it again. Laws are set, it's up to us to know them, ignorance is no defense and child neglect is pretty high up on the things not to do list.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A matter of choice?......we are talking about kids not a pair of f***ing shoes! Every parent in the world sometimes wishes they could just go off and do whatever they feel like without having to thin

Fair enough reply but I'm sorry matey, a mistake is when you put petrol instead of diesel in your motor, it's cutting your finger with a bread knife or forgetting to put the kids dinner money in their

I don't know how far legally no and I don't care, look at the hunting laws and its plain to see the lawmakers ain't got our best interest and common sense in mind when passing there shitty laws. I hav

Posted Images

I just find it very strange that the vast amounts of money going into the maddi fund , and led to believe a very substancial amount of that money has been used to keep there names clean !!, find it very strange the gutter press hasn't focused on there gross negligence

regarding the fact they left 3 young babys alone!!! . and it wasn't the first time , surly that's like playing Russian roulette with babys lives

something not right about that!!!.

The thing is paulus, when it comes to these snobby types, I think child neglect is pretty low on there outrageous things to do scale. Who was the couple who were getting charged with molesting someone at a party? Think he was an mp, could be wrong. Right into swinging parties. I think they live on a different planet from the rest of us and probably think leaving children alone as the norm.

heard a long time ago they were swingers,and if true whats to say one of there swinging partners didnt take a shine to the kid, i would imagine swingers will attract the pretty deviant amongst us.

• Like 1

The McCanns where manning the phones after there appearance on crime watch , but they apparently missed a call from the kidnapper as they where grabbing a beer and burger at the Weather spoons over the road

yeah but they could still see the studio from wetherspoons window ...surley that makes it ok ...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

I don't think anyone will ever truly know what happened in that room that night to that poor little girl until someone is caught. Or one of them crack.

Having read pretty extensively on the subject I believe that they are both high functioning sociopaths so I don't see them breaking any time soon if ever.

Remember, nobody believed that Ted Bundy could ever of committed the crimes he did until it proved beyond all doubt.......people could just not put the intelligent, good looking and charming man together with crimes so terrible and yet he did them!

Jmho

• Like 1

No matter what has happened they should be done with neglect. I said it the second I heard about the awful case. All this if they don't take the blame of knowing they were wrong they can't get prosecuted is a joke. If they don't know leaving young kids alone is dangerous they should have the others taking off them. Where is the line in this stupid law. Little boy falls on sharp knife the mother gave him to play with, her defense, I didn't think it was dangerous. No worries, you know not to do it again. Laws are set, it's up to us to know them, ignorance is no defense and child neglect is pretty high up on the things not to do list.

If we started prosecuting every ignorant parent who neglects their child in some way it would probably reduce the free population of the country by 30 %..........old and young rich and poor theres not that many perfect parents out there just the majority dont come quite as unstuck as the Mcanns did.......right is right and wrong is wrong a tragic outcome dont make it more wrong.

If we started prosecuting every ignorant parent who neglects their child in some way it would probably reduce the free population of the country by 30 %..........old and young rich and poor theres not that many perfect parents out there just the majority dont come quite as unstuck as the Mcanns did.......right is right and wrong is wrong a tragic outcome dont make it more wrong.

years ago one of my lads burnt his hand on a radiator, we had the third degree down the hospital. made to feel very bad about an accident. however the burn was not premeditated it was an accident, knowingly leaving your kids alone for a second night, in an unlocked hotel room in a strange country even after you found one crying their eyes out the night before after waking up and nobody was there can in no way be described as either an accident or a miss judgement, its willful abandonment.

I reckon the old bill know they done it, the police have all the time in the world, so they are just waiting for them to f**k up...........maybe they will or maybe they wont but I have personally never heard of a parent (especially an intelligent professional person) leaving little tiny tots on their own like that, you just wouldn't do it.

I don't put much faith in films as they can get edited anyway the person making the film wants but the bare facts are I don't understand how you leave little tots like that in a strange place and go out for dinner?...........its not like you popped to the corner shop and left a kid in a locked house at home for 5 minutes even, its out for dinner with bottles of wine, conversation, noise and little sense of the elapse of time...........Im afraid personally, Im not having it........no one in their right mind would do it.

It not a set of car keys, its your child.

I don't understand how they can behave in the manner they do, them two are wrong uns I bet my bollocks on it......................... I bet a criminal profiler would have a field day with them two.

So as I said, the old bill know and its just a matter of time.

JMHO

You say wilf you can't believe parents could leave their children and go out for a drink, parents couldn't do such a thing. Yet you believe parents can kill their child accidentally or not, dispose of the body, lie to the back teeth for years pretending to find them. It amazes me how that scenario is perfectly believeable and them leaving them isn't.

Yep, I find all of the above perfectly easy to believe..... I find it east to believ that mild mannered civil servants who are ex bill can chop up young men into bits and boil them in a pot, I find it easy to believe that married truck drivers can smash women's heads In Year after year, I find it easy to believe that an ex hospital patient who has been declared medically sane can go to an interview with doctors with a girls head in the boot on the day they declare him sane.......I find all those things easy to believe because they have happened

What I find hard to believe is that "normal" intelligent people just piss off out for dinner and leave kids like that......no one "right" in the head would do it IMHO which makes it very suspicious to me

• Like 3

years ago one of my lads burnt his hand on a radiator, we had the third degree down the hospital. made to feel very bad about an accident. however the burn was not premeditated it was an accident, knowingly leaving your kids alone for a second night, in an unlocked hotel room in a strange country even after you found one crying their eyes out the night before after waking up and nobody was there can in no way be described as either an accident or a miss judgement, its willful abandonment.

Yep i buy all that.......all im saying is just because this situation ended in a tragic outcome dont mean that similar is not happening all over this and every other country as we speak.......if theres not a terrible outcome we dont hear about it though hence right is right and wrong is wrong.......

The fact there was other parents sat with them all showing the same neglect in the same hotel in the same country in the same week........suggest this sort of thing probably go,s on a lot more than people like to believe......so does that make the Mcanns unlucky ? Most would say no they should rot in hell etc etc etc....but the reality is there was probably thousands of people round the world neglecting a child in one form or another that night just most didnt have a bad outcome.

Edited by gnasher16

Gnasher of course you right in what you say, it go's on and is going on all over the world but personally, given their exact circumstances ( age of kids, first ever family holiday away, distress of children the night previous, bright intelligent people etc) something about it and their manner is all wrong to my mind

• Like 2

Yep i buy all that.......all im saying is just because this situation ended in a tragic outcome dont mean that similar is not happening all over this and every other country as we speak.......if theres not a terrible outcome we dont hear about it though hence right is right and wrong is wrong.......

The fact there was other parents sat with them all showing the same neglect in the same hotel in the same country in the same week........suggest this sort of thing probably go,s on a lot more than people like to believe......so does that make the Mcanns unlucky ? Most would say no they should rot in hell etc etc etc....but the reality is there was probably 50,000 people round the world neglecting a child in one form or another that night.

responsibility and parenting go together it is that simple, anyone who does not understand this can not possibly call themselves a good parents, if you do something that is not responsible and arguably criminal, whatever the circumstances, wherever in the world that may be then you can not expect to get special treatment because of your mistake as hard as that sounds

The fact there was other parents sat with them all showing the same neglect in the same hotel in the same country in the same week........suggest this sort of thing probably go,s on a lot more than people like to believe......so does that make the Mcanns unlucky ? Most would say no they should rot in hell etc etc etc....but the reality is there was probably 50,000 people round the world neglecting a child in one form or another that night.

responsibility and parenting go together it is that simple, anyone who does not understand this can not possibly call themselves a good parents, if you do something that is not responsible and arguably criminal, whatever the circumstances, wherever in the world that may be then you can not expect to get special treatment because of your mistake as hard as that sounds

Yes im not disputing they was wrong we know that................my question is was they unlucky ?............If 50 bad people do wrong but only 1 has a bad outcome are there 49 lucky people or 1 unlucky ?...........and should people be punished for bad luck ?