David Platt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is that the wee cnut of corrie

You're asking for trouble there.....you'd need half a lifetime to listen to what Platts has to say.................

. . . Could you imagine the conversation him and that Burrell chap with the tumblers would have

Fella I know a mile or so away has one. 35 years old and only been into lurchers a couple of years :icon_eek: Got a Poachers Pocket Beddy/Grey about 2 or so which I thought had potential around here. Went up and got this Platt Deerhound cross. Its about 12months old, 27" and cow hocked to feck. What use is it on 3/4/5 acre fields around here I asked him? It's mad keen after deer he said.

Love to see what he would do if it actually caught one. :huh:

He's had about 20 rabs in about 2 years and thinks they are the biz LOL

Talk about being sucked in by the hype :cray:

Only prob is he's bezzie mates with a couple of farmers lads on who's land I run so the rabs might get a bit lamp shy but hey ho, plenty of other ground. :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

anyone seen that "film" platts made a few years ago? first he takes his bitch rabbiting, then he has a bare-knuckle fight with a fat bald bloke, then he sings some folk songs with an old busker plaiyng the accordion and wearing a funny hat then he eats a fecking baked hedgehog or something, its absolutely HILARIOUS!

comedy gold, but i dont think its supposed to be...............!!!

anyone seen that "film" platts made a few years ago? first he takes his bitch rabbiting, then he has a bare-knuckle fight with a fat bald bloke, then he sings some folk songs with an old busker plaiyng the accordion and wearing a funny hat then he eats a fecking baked hedgehog or something, its absolutely HILARIOUS!

The Gypsy and the Poacher.....aye it was meant to be serious but is anything but......

Platts is breathing like a rapist at the end of this short clip......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj-LPSiU29s&hd=1

Fella I know a mile or so away has one. 35 years old and only been into lurchers a couple of years :icon_eek: Got a Poachers Pocket Beddy/Grey about 2 or so which I thought had potential around here. Went up and got this Platt Deerhound cross. Its about 12months old, 27" and cow hocked to feck. What use is it on 3/4/5 acre fields around here I asked him? It's mad keen after deer he said.

Only prob is he's bezzie mates with a couple of farmers lads on who's land I run so the rabs might get a bit lamp shy but hey ho, plenty of other ground. :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

Think I know the chap you talking about ;-)

He had lurchers all his life not just the 2 years u knew him.

The platts dog is not cow hocked to feck - when standing appears slightly cow hocked now and again but walks and runs fine. the dog is fast as feck with huge stamina and keen as mustard. hes holding back for the moment as dog is a bit imature still (only a year ish old) and not want to ruin it. catching plenty of rab and birds in the SMALL fields no problem.

he not out much over last year or so due to circumstances but starting to do a bit more this season.

sucked in the by the hype........dont think so. fancied a dh/gh for years so when split up from the wife a got one cos he could. each to their own but hes more than happy with the dog. got one from platts as thats i only place selling decent ones at the time of looking but so far so good.

Platts is obsessed with his dogs and puts a lot of effort into them, has defo produced a lot of good dogs and prob some bad ones too (like anyone else). The blokes a chararacter and its easy to slate him but i think hes geninely passionate about his dogs and breeds a good line.

Dyktos - get your facts right before you take the piss ;-)

• Like 1

The Gypsy and the Poacher.....aye it was meant to be serious but is anything but......

don't know the fella,...........and it looks like I don't want too............

if hes breating like that after a few shovels ,.......cant see him working his dogs to much.........

Cheers, D.

Think I know the chap you talking about ;-)

He had lurchers all his life not just the 2 years u knew him.

The platts dog is not cow hocked to feck - when standing appears slightly cow hocked now and again but walks and runs fine. the dog is fast as feck with huge stamina and keen as mustard. hes holding back for the moment as dog is a bit imature still (only a year ish old) and not want to ruin it. catching plenty of rab and birds in the SMALL fields no problem.

he not out much over last year or so due to circumstances but starting to do a bit more this season.

sucked in the by the hype........dont think so. fancied a dh/gh for years so when split up from the wife a got one cos he could. each to their own but hes more than happy with the dog. got one from platts as thats i only place selling decent ones at the time of looking but so far so good.

Platts is obsessed with his dogs and puts a lot of effort into them, has defo produced a lot of good dogs and prob some bad ones too (like anyone else). The blokes a chararacter and its easy to slate him but i think hes geninely passionate about his dogs and breeds a good line.

Dyktos - get your facts right before you take the piss ;-)

Thats put me in my place than :icon_redface: sorry if you know more than I thought you did :tongue2:

Can't deny he's too big for most of the ground round here though, he'll never get out of second gear :hmm:

Don't know Platt or much about him but I wouldn't have one of them unless I was running the big land.

JMHO

Cheers, D.

hahaha fecking brilliant! i need to watch the whole film again sometime just for a laugh!! might be the nicest bloke and the best dogman in the world, but that film makes the poor sod look like a complete twonk! thanks for finding it!

hahaha fecking brilliant! i need to watch the whole film again sometime just for a laugh!! might be the nicest bloke and the best dogman in the world, but that film makes the poor sod look like a complete twonk! thanks for finding it!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

as i said rio the bitch i had of him could catch in small feilds or on the fens and was rated highly by a lot who saw her run on the big land but i also saw other from him and other well known breeder who ran shite but aint that true of all crosses and breeders some good some bad and some both sides of this .

• Like 1